Jackie Gleason Take Me Along [Original Cast Recording]
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- Released: January 13, 2009
- Label: DRG
- 2.Parade, The - (featuring Walter Pidgeon)
- 3.Oh, Please - (featuring Walter Pidgeon / Eileen Herlie / Una Merkel)
- 4.I Would Die - (featuring Robert Morse / Susan Luckey)
- 5.Sid, Ol' Kid - (featuring Jackie Gleason)
- 6.Staying Young - (featuring Walter Pidgeon)
- 7.I Get Embarrassed - (featuring Jackie Gleason / Eileen Herlie)
- 8.We're Home - (featuring Eileen Herlie)
- 9.Take Me Along - (featuring Jackie Gleason / Walter Pidgeon)
- 10.Volunteer Firemen Picnic - (featuring Jackie Gleason / Walter Pidgeon)
- 11.Wint's Song - (featuring Peter Conlow)
- 12.That's How It Starts - (featuring Robert Morse)
- 13.Promise Me A Rose - (featuring Eileen Herlie)
- 14.Staying Young [Reprise] - (featuring Walter Pidgeon)
- 15.Little Green Snake - (featuring Jackie Gleason)
- 16.Nine O'Clock - (featuring Robert Morse)
- 17.But Yours - (featuring Jackie Gleason / Eileen Herlie)
- 18.Finale - (featuring Jackie Gleason / Eileen Herlie)
Principal cast includes: Jackie Gleason (Sid); Walter Pidgeon (Nat Miller); Eileen Herlie (Lily); Robert Morse (Richard Miller); Una Merkel (Essie Miller); Valerie Harper (Lady Entertainer).
Recorded at RCA Studio A, New York on October 18 & 19, 1959. Includes liner notes by Steven Suskin and Paul Benzaquin.
All songs written by Robert Merrill.
Composer/Lyricist: Robert Merrill .
Personnel: Susan Luckey, Peter Conlow, Eileen Herlie, Jackie Gleason, Robert Morse, Una Merkel, Walter Pidgeon.
Arranger: Lehman Engel.
Based on playwright Eugene O'Neill's sole comedy, Ah, Wilderness, the musical Take Me Along was mounted on Broadway in 1959 as a vehicle for TV star Jackie Gleason. It ran for a little over a year and lost money, although it has gone into the black since. Robert Merrill's score is...functional, although it does provide showcases for Gleason on such songs as "Single Kid" and "I Get Embarrassed" (a duet with Eileen Herlie). Walter Pidgeon also makes a strong impression and Robert Morse took a big step to stardom playing the juvenile and singing "I Would Die" with Susan Luckey... ~ William Ruhlmann
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$20.24 Super Savings
Johnny Be Good (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.74 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE