Warner Bros. DVD Clearance Sale (series)
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$5.25 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$9.73 (65% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: June 17, 2008
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Turner Home Ent
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Tom Selleck & Virginia Madsen|
|Performer:||Mark Harmon, Wilford Brimley, David O'Hara, Christian Kane, Barry Corbin, William Sanderson, Joanna Miles & Brad Johnson|
|Directed by||Simon Wincer|
|Edited by||Terry Blythe|
|Screenwriting by||Charles Robert Carner|
|Composition by||Eric Colvin|
|Produced by||Thomas Kane & Steven Brandman|
|Director of Photography:||David Eggby|
|Executive Production by||Tom Selleck & Michael Brandman|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"My whole life I never had roots deeper'n soil… I believe I'm stayin'."
- Rafe Covington (Tom Selleck), to his friends.
"Wasn't shootin'. That was killin'."
- Rafe (Selleck), to J. T. (Christian Kane).
Tom Selleck brings another labor of love to the small screen with the original TNT western CROSSFIRE TRAIL. Based on the novel by celebrated author Louis L'Amour, the story opens in 1880, off the coast of California. At sea, Rafe Covington (Selleck) watches his best friend Charles Rodney die, but promises him that he will return to his home turf of Wyoming to take care of his ranch and his wife. Arriving in the small town, Rafe meets the gorgeous Ann Rodney (Virginia Madsen), who is being wooed by the town's most powerful landowner, Bruce Barkow (Mark Harmon). Along with his friends "Rock" Mulaney (David O'Hara) and J. T. Langston (Christian Kane), Rafe settles on Rodney's farm, enlisting the aid of wise ranch hand Joe Gill (Wilford Brimley). When it becomes clear that Barkow is simply gunning for the Rodney ranch, Rafe stands up for his friend's good name and professes to maintain control of it. But the arrival of hired gunman Bo Dorn (Brad Johnson) threatens to ruin those plans once and for all. Selleck, who first met L'Amour during the shooting of 1979's THE SACKETS, shows his unflinching reverence for the author with this stellar adaptation, directed with extreme sensitivity by Simon Wincer (LONESOME DOVE).
- Theatrical release: January 21, 2001 (8pm).
- Shot on location in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- CROSSFIRE TRAIL marks the second pairing of Tom Selleck and executive producer Michael Brandman, who teamed up for 1997's LAST STAND AT SOBER RIVER, which at the time of its premiere was the most-watched basic cable movie ever.
Although it is notoriously difficult to secure the rights to a Louis L'Amour novel, Selleck's close friendship with the author, as well as his wife, made it possible for him to bring CROSSFIRE TRAIL to life on screen.
How the West Was Won (Blu-ray, 2-Disc Set Special Ed.)
$21.63 CYBER WEEK
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 77 ratings.
Based on 77 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 1,278
- UPC: 883929023844
- Shipping Weight: 0.16/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 11th Hour (DVD) ~ $3.98 CYBER WEEK
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (DVD) ~ $5.05 CYBER WEEK
- 2001: A Space Odyssey / A Clockwork Orange / The Shining (Blu-ray) ~ $16.23 CYBER WEEK
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (Special Edition) (2-DVD) ~ $21.63 CYBER WEEK
- 2010: The Year We Make Contact (DVD) ~ $5.05 CYBER WEEK
Television Movie Categories:
- Albert Collins Live From Austin TX (DVD) ~ $15.28 CYBER WEEK
- Dane Cook Tourgasm (3-DVD) ~ $5.98 CYBER WEEK
- Jackson 5 Jacksons: An American Dream (2-DVD) ~ $25.43 CYBER WEEK
- Spike Jones The Legend (3-Disc + CD) (DVD-R) ~ $33.26 CYBER WEEK
- Patrick Moraz Future Memories: Live on TV (DVD) ~ $13.21 CYBER WEEK