- Run Time: 1 hours
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: December 31, 2013
- Originally Released: 1932
- Label: Alpha Video
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Hollywood on Parade
was a series of "celebrity newsreel" shorts by Paramount Pictures. Director Louis Lewyn used the studio's contracted stars in original musical numbers, comic sketches, "stars at home" scenes, and often integrated the pieces with frame stories and publicity coverage of Hollywood parties and premieres.
- Fredric March hosts a musical revue with Mitzi Green, Ginger Rogers, Jack Duffy, and Eddie Peabody.
- Eddie Borden plays a Hollywood mailman making deliveries to various stars, including Richard Arlen and Jobyna Ralston, Mary Pickford, Bing Crosby, and Tom Mix. Mickey Daniels hosts, with appearances by Roland Young, Ken Maynard, Jeanette MacDonald, and Maurice Chevalier.
- Child stars Jackie Searle and Jane Withers present Barbara Stanwyck, Frank Fay, Kate Smith, Wesley Ruggles, and Arline Judge.
- As "messenger boy for a day" at Paramount's studio, Frankie Darro encounters Cary Grant, Mary Boland, Leo Carrillo, William Gargan, Claudette Colbert, Thelma Todd, Norman Foster, Anita Stewart, Gene Raymond, Richard Dix, Fay Wray, George Raft, Jean Harlow, Arline Judge, Constance Cummings, El Brendel, Jeanette MacDonald, Paulette Goddard, and Charlie Chaplin.
- The Motion Picture Theater Owners of America Convention enjoys appearances by Gracie Allen, George Burns, Adolphe Menjou, Cary Grant, Cecil B. DeMille, Henry Wilcoxon, and W.C. Fields.
- On a bus tour of Hollywood, fans spot Ruth Etting, Jimmy Durante, Clara Bow, Joan Crawford, Alice White, Jean Harlow, Baby LeRoy, Randolph Scott, Gary Cooper, Fredric March, Charles Bickford, Jackie Cooper, Harpo Marx, and Maurice Chevalier.
This product is made-on-demand by the manufacturer using DVD-R recordable media.
Almost all DVD players can play DVD-Rs (except for some older models made before 2000) -
please consult your owner's manual for formats compatible with your player.
These DVD-Rs may not play on all computers or DVD player/recorders.
To address this, the manufacturer recommends viewing this product on a DVD player
that does not have recording capability.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
Movie Lover: Geo. Willeman
CULPEPER, VA US
-- July, 8, 2014
Louis Lewyn made a career out of making shorts showing movie stars in "real life". Paramount's "Hollywood on Parade" series was one of his first and is a wonderful look at Hollywood during its difficult transition into sound. These shorts are filled with short bits featuring many great stars of the era (most being Paramount employees!) and it is amazing to see how awkward and uncomfortable they can be before the camera without a script and a strong director. Absolutely priceless--looking forward to Volume 2!
- Sales Rank: 2,403
- UPC: 089218724496
- International Shipping: 1 item