Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 3 hours, 13 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 6, 2010
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Weinstein Company
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Uncut international version
- Deleted fight scene
- Tony Jaa martial arts demonstration
- Making Tony Jaa
- No wires attached: making the Protector
- Feature commentary with Asian film expert Bey Logan
- Theatrical trailer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, Thai
- DTS Surround 5.1 - English, Thai
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 09/22/2006
"Jaa has a reckless, bone-cracking grace that transcends the [film]..."
New York Times - 09/08/2006
"The effect is scrappier than the traditional kung-fu movie moves, with their balletic flurry of the extremeties, but the proletarian righteousness is pure classicism."
A.V. Club - 02/03/2010
"The last 25 minutes are nonstop action, with Jaa fighting with a triple-staff, a sword, and at one point, a live elephant..."
Premiere - 02/02/2010
3 stars out of 5 -- "[T]he chaotic fight and stunt sequences are worth it."
This sequel to 2005's ONG-BAK: THE THAI WARRIOR sees director Prachya Pinkaew returning to tell an action-packed story that revolves around a missing elephant that turns up in Australia.
- Theatrical Release: September 8, 2006 (LIMITED)