- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 20 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 29, 2008
- Originally Released: 1957
- Label: Kultur Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - Natural Sound/Music
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Tchaikovsky's score is brought to life by Maya, who dances the dual role of Odette and Odile in this timeless story of redemption through love. Filmed live at the Bolshoi Theatre.
Description by Kultur:
Swan Lake tells the timeless tale of redemption through love, for the prima ballerina who dances the dual role of Odette and Odile it is the supreme test of the dancer's craft. Maya Plisetskaya's melting lyricism and superlative technique make her one of the greatest exponents of the dual role. This production, filmed live at the Bolshoi Theatre, captures a great ballerina in her prime in an eternal classic.
A filmed adaptation of one of the most romantic ballets ever choreographed, performed by the world-famous Bolshoi Ballet.
The lovely Princess Odette has long suffered under an evil magician's spell: by day, she lives as a swan, while at nightfall she become a woman once again. And she will only be free if a man swears undying love to her -- and keeps his promise.
One evening, the handsome Prince Siegfried steps into the clearing where Odette lives and hears her tragic story. The smitten prince instantly vows to save her. But the cruel sorcerer Rothbart has a trick to make the Prince unfaithful...
Classical Music |
- The performers are members of the Bolshoi Ballet Theatre.
- Filmed originally in the Soviet Union in 1957, it was released in the United States in 1960 as part of a USA-USSR cultural exchange.