- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 20 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: July 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Lightyear Video
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Acclaimed actress Diane Keaton (ANNIE HALL) makes an impressive directorial debut with this offbeat documentary which takes on ideas about the afterlife. A light and amusing look at one of the deepest, most universal human questions, HEAVEN combines amusing opinions about the afterlife with clips from classic films including METROPOLIS and STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN.
Diane Keaton combines humorous interviews with a variety of stars and film clips from classic movies like "Metropolis," "Green Pastures," and "Stairway to Heaven" to evoke images of that dreamy place called "Heaven." In this whimsical look at the afterlife, she ponders questions like: do people have sex there; and if so, what's it like'
Clips And Highlights |
- Directorial debut for actress Diane Keaton.
- Diane Keaton described why she decided to make this film: "Heaven was always kind of this vague place to me. I mean, it's like a dream, it's such a surreal thing. As a little girl I believed in heaven and had great hopes to go to heaven. As far as I'm concerned, I think everybody has a shot at heaven. I've always been fascinated by sort of heavenly imagery and thought it would make an interesting film."