- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: August 26, 2008
- Originally Released: 1981
- Label: Lions Gate
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 05/20/1981
"...[The] lensing sharply takes advantage of superior western locations..."
Traces the background of the events that created the Lone Ranger. His boyhood & meeting withTonto and exciting adventure that decided him to become the Masked Man.
Based on the legend of The Lone Ranger. The famous masked man's childhood, when he was known as John Reid, was full of tragedy and loss. After being severely beaten while his family is brutally murdered by the notorious Cavendish, John falls under the care of Tonto. Upon regaining his health, John assumes the new identity of The Lone Ranger -- and with his horse and faithful companion, this hero is out for revenge and justice.
- Copyright 1981 ITC/Wrather Productions.
- Filmed in Technicolor.
- Based on the stories and characters created by Georges W. Trendle and Fran Striker.