- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: August 26, 2008
- Originally Released: 1960
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Adapted from Edna Ferber's sweeping novel, the life of an American family, from the 1890s through the 1920s, who move to Oklahoma territory. The epic western chronicles the founding of the Oklahoma town of Osage, and the lives of the homesteaders who pioneered its development from the wild land rush of the 1880s (April 22, 1989) into a respectable town 40 years later. Glenn Ford plays Yancey Cravat whose influence as a gunfighter as well as a newspaperman helps civilize the frontier.
- Shot in Metrocolor and CinemaScope, using Panavision lenses.
- Additional cast: George Benlin (Hoss).
- Additional credits: Charles K. Hagedon (color consultant).
- Remake of the 1931 film, directed by Wesley Ruggles and starring Richard Dix as Yancey Cravat and Irene Dunne as Sabra Cravat.
- Title song "Cimarron" sung by The Roger Wagner Chorale.