Silent Comedy Marathon, Volume 1 (Silent)
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Forgotten Funnymen (4-DVD) ~ $14.00 (Save 56%)
- Forgotten Funnymen - Snub Pollard and Bobby Vernon ~ $5.95 (Save 25%)
- Hal Roach Rarities (Silent) ~ $5.95 (Save 25%)
- Silent Comedy Marathon, Volume 1 - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Silent Comedy Marathon, Volume 2 (Silent) ~ $5.95 (Save 25%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 58 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: August 27, 2013
- Originally Released: 1911
- Label: Alpha Video
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||James Finlayson, Oliver Hardy, Mabel Normand, Billy Dooley & Ora Carew|
|Directed by||Hal Roach & Broncho Billy Anderson|
Description by OLDIES.com:
In the Grease! (1925): Hal Roach produced this comedy starring James ("Jimmie") Finlayson as a husband whose wife is away. Not only must he contend with culinary catastrophe, but also a naughty son and nosy neighbors. Starring Jimmie Finlayson; directed by Hal Roach.
Stick Around (1925): Oliver Hardy and Bobby Day are hired to wallpaper a sanitarium where the staff is nuttier than the patients. Both are so busy trying to make time with a flirtatious nurse that neither realizes they've accidentally brought the wrong wallpaper. Starring Oliver "Babe" Hardy and Bobby Day.
Alkali Ike's Auto (1911): Augustus Carney a clumsy cowpoke, gets behind the wheel of a "horseless carriage" and causes chaos on and off the road. Written, produced and directed by the legendary "Broncho Billy" Anderson. Starring Augustus Carney.
Bangville Police (1913): The little burg of Bangville is aptly named when it comes to its police force, which is ever-diligent and ever-vigilant, even when causing calamity. Starring Mabel Normand; directed by "Broncho Billy" Anderson
Crazy Doings (1929): Billy Dooley plays likable but luckless Billy Jinks, who more than lives up to his name when he tries to woo a wealthy heiress but instead winds up helping a thief steal the family jewels! Starring Billy Dooley.
Dollars and Sense (1917): Ora Carew stars as both Hetty Hobbs and her trouble-making twin brother, whose antics eventually lead both of them to a hair-raising cliffhanger climax. In a remarkable example of early special effects, the two siblings seamlessly share the same scene together. Starring Ora Carew.
Ambition (1917): Billy Ruge plays a country bumpkin who tries desperately to win his maiden fair. When that fails, he decides to crash a society reception in her honor and create mayhem. Starring Billy Ruge.
The Fast Mail-Man (1922): Bobby Dunn is the "lightning postman" who competes in a road rally to defend his town's honor and win the hand of a beautiful woman. Starring Bobby Dunn and Helen Dale.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 6,288
- UPC: 089218714190
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Top ranking titles in the Comedy genre:
- Ultra-Rare Pre-Code Comedies, Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Blondes and Redheads: Lost Comedy Classics, Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Rediscovered Comedies of Edgar Kennedy, Volume 4 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Ultra-Rare Pre-Code Comedies (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE