- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 43 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 5, 2008
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Who the hell are you'"
- Harold Lutz (Allen Garfield) to Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy)
"My name is...Johnny Wishbone. I am a psychic. Yes, my name is Johnny Wishbone and I am a psychic from the Isle of St. Croix."
- Axel Foley
Variety - 05/20/1987
"...Murphy's a hoot in numerous scenes..."
In BEVERLY HILLS COP II, Eddie Murphy is back as Axel Foley, a resourceful Detroit detective who doesn't exactly play by the rules. When his friend Andrew Bogomil (Ronny Cox) is wounded in an event related to mysterious "alphabet crimes," Foley hightails it to California and hooks up with officers Billy Rosewood (Judge Reinhold) and John Taggart (John Ashton) in an effort to stop the robberies that are creating fear in the city's businesses and to avenge the attack on his friend. Along the way, their investigation into the crimes leads them to a strip club, the Playboy mansion, and even the racetrack. Director Tony Scott's (CRIMSON TIDE, TOP GUN) film offers a wild ride as Foley talks his way into and out of various scenarios. Watch for comedian Chris Rock's feature-film debut in his brief appearance as the parking valet and for Paul Reiser as Jeffrey Freidman, Axel's partner in Detroit.
In this sequel, Axel returns to Beverly Hills and breaks all the rules while solving a series of mysterious "alphabet crimes" which have sent fear through the city's commercial establishment.
- Theatrical release: May 20, 1987.
- Sylvester Stallone's ex-wife, Brigitte Nielsen, appears as the cold-as-ice villain Karla Fry.
- Hugh Hefner appears as himself.