- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 25 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 2, 2008
- Originally Released: 1966
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Doubly Digital Mono - English, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese
- Subtitles - English, English (SDH), Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Thai
- Additional Release Material:
- Bonus Story: It's Magic, Charlie Brown
- Featurette: We Need a Blockbuster Charlie Brown!
Performers, Cast and Crew:
All of the Peanuts gang dress up for the enchanting night of Halloween. All, that is, except for Linus, who firmly believes that this year the Great Pumpkin will finally visit his humble pumpkin patch.
Description by Warner Home Video:
Will this Halloween be the one when the Great Pumpkin comes' Longtime believer Linus thinks so - and keeps watch all night in the pumpkin patch to welcome him. Charlie Brown gets into the spooky spirit too, dressing up as a ghost with more eyeholes than needed - but not scaring up the usual kinds of Halloween loot when trick-or-treating. Never fear, World War I fighting ace Snoopy is here to battle the Red Baron - and in doing so, crash Violet's Halloween party and Linus' vigil as well. Your whole family will be glad it crashed this party - a beloved perennial boasting new jack-o'-lantern glow in this Remastered Deluxe Edition with Improved Picture and Audio. Good grief, you can't help but have a happy Halloween.
This classic "Peanuts" tale focuses on the thumb-sucking, blanket-holding Linus, and his touching faith in the "Great Pumpkin."
When Linus discovers that no one else believes in the creature, he sets out to prove that the Pumpkin's no myth -- by spending the night alone in a pumpkin patch...
Essential Cinema |
Family (General) |
- The Gift Set of "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" (Catalog #83718-001) comes with the Peanuts Paint Set, consisting of 6 watercolors and a brush.
- "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" was an Emmy award nominee.
- TM & Copyright 1994 Paramount Pictures. Copyright on Peanuts Characters 1950, 1951, 1952, 1958, 1965, 1966 United Feature Syndicate, Inc.