Iannis Xenakis - Electronic Works 2: Polytope De Cluny / Hibiki-Hana-Ma
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 51 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Released: October 14, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Mode
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - French
- DTS Digital Surround - French
- PCM Stereo - French
- Subtitles - English, French, German - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Shorts: FER CHAUD (1957) Directed by Jacques Brissot and Nicolas Schoeffer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Additional Text: Essay by Sharon Kanach and Makis Solomos
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Music Performer:||Iannis Xenakis|
The renowned modernist composer Iannis Xenakis created HIBIKI HANA MA for the 1970's World Fair in Osaka, Japan, where its nuanced textures were played for thousands through a diffusion system that incorporated over 800 speakers suspended and hidden beneath floorboards. ELECTRONIC WORKS 2 offers a fully remastered version of this groundbreaking piece, as well as POLYTOPE DE CLUNY (1972), and the incredibly rare film FER CHAUD (1957), which includes original music by the composer.
Description by Koch Entertainment Distribution:
Mode continues its Xenakis Edition with the second volume dedicated to his electronic works. "Polytope de Cluny" and "Hibikki-Hana-Ma" are presented in new and restored tape transfers and are being released commercially in surround sound for the first time. This DVD also contains the first commercial release of Brissot and Schoeffer's 1957 short film on artist Victor Vasarely, "Fer Chaud."
Composers | Electronic | Experimental | Music (General)
Billion Dollar Quartet: In The Third Millennium (DVD)
$11.10 Super Savings
Country's Family Reunion: A Grand Ole Time, Volume 1 & 2... (DVD)
$18.13 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE