- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 3, 2006
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Closed Captioned - English
- Dolby Digital Stereo 2.0 - English
- Interactive Features:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A father and son team of con artists set up a scam so elaborate and byzantine even they are not entirely certain who's side everyone's on. A very entertaining ride of twists and turns.
Crooks, cons and colorful characters - this family-themed crime film has them in spades. The directorial debut of Francis Ford Coppola's nephew Christopher, "Deadfall" assembles a group of actors including Nicolas Cage (the director's brother) and, in a dual role, James Coburn. It also features cameos by Peter Fonda, Talia Shire (the director's aunt), and Charlie Sheen.
After New Yorker Joe Donan learns of his confidence-man father's death, he follows a trail of clues and red herrings to sunny Santa Monica, CA. There, he meets his estranged Uncle Lou, falls prey to numerous scams, and runs afoul of a psychotic mobster and his sexy squeeze.
With its bouncy soundtrack, unexpected twists, and unpredictable comedy, "Deadfall" rises to become something that can only be described as cult noir.
Family Interaction |
Scams And Cons |
Theatrical Release |
- Shot in Consolidated Film Industries color, using Panavision equipment, in Los Angeles, California.
- Additional cast: Brian Donovan (Mitch), Clarence Landry (Larry)
- Additional credits: David Tripet (production executive), B.K.J. Fox (associate producer), Andrew Schuth (production manager), David Chameides (Steadicam), Laurence Barbera, Michelle LeDoux, Darren Dentre (assistant directors), Tom Muzila (stunt coordinator), David Cluck and Adam William Wolf (2nd unit directors), Stargate Films and Mercer Titles & Optical Effects Ltd. (titles and opticals), Michael Emery (sound mixer), Ken Terney and Scott Ganary (rerecording mixers).