West Point (Silent) (Full Screen)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
William Haines stars and Joan Crawford plays his girl in a comedy-drama about a brash young gridiron hero who puts himself above the corps, learns a bitter lesson in team spirit and charges into the Army-Navy game as he tries to redeem himself.
|CYBER SALE:||$11.13 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.86 (38% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: August 18, 2009
- Originally Released: 1927
- Label: Warner Archive Collection (MOD)
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||William Bakewell, Joan Crawford & William Haines|
|Directed by||Edward Sedgwick|
|Screenwriting by||Raymond L. Schrock|
|Director of Photography:||Ira Morgan|
Description by OLDIES.com:
West Point. The pride of America, the home of glorious tradition - unless you're a hotshot plebe named Brice Wayne. Then it's just a backdrop to personal glory. William Haines stars as Brice and Joan Crawford plays the girl he loves in a comedy-drama about a brash young gridiron hero who puts himself above the corps, learns a bitter lesson in team spirit and charges into the Army-Navy game for a chance to redeem himself. That on-screen spark between Haines and Crawford was reflected in off-screen camaraderie. The two, who would be named male and female box-office champs in 1930, became devoted lifelong friends."
Reteamed with his favorite director Edward Sedgwick, William Haines once again plays the braggart-who-makes-good in WEST POINT. Upon his arrival at the fabled military academy, Brice Wayne (Haines) alienates everyone with his wise-guy attitude and disregard for the rules. Only heroine Betty Channing (Joan Crawford) sees any good in the boy, but even she gives up on him when his egotistical antics cause the West Point football team to lose a crucial game. Quitting the team in disgrace, Wayne ingests a few heaping helpings of humble pie before he returns to the playing field to lead the Army team to victory in their annual game against Navy. Filmed on location at the West Point campus, the film proved to be another box-office bonanza for William Haines.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 50,540
- UPC: 883316197981
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Warner Archive Collection Product Series:
- The 100 - Complete 2nd Season (Blu-ray) ~ $33.57 CYBER SALE
- The 100 - Complete 3rd Season (Blu-ray) ~ $33.57 CYBER SALE
- 20,000 Years In Sing Sing (DVD-R) ~ $11.13 CYBER SALE
- The 25th Hour (DVD-R) ~ $12.37 CYBER SALE
- -30- (DVD-R) ~ $11.13 CYBER SALE
Top ranking titles in the Silent Films genre:
- The Pace That Kills (1928 Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER SALE
- The Average Woman (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER SALE
- Clara Bow Double Feature: My Lady of Whims (1925) (Silent) / Black Oxen (1923) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER SALE
- A Clouded Name (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER SALE
- Free To Love (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER SALE