One Sunday Afternoon (Full Screen)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
One Sunday afternoon in the park, aspiring dentist Biff Grimes meets a beauty, falls heart over head in love, and despite marrying another girl never stops wondering what might have been.
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 2, 2009
- Originally Released: 1933
- Label: Warner Archive Collection (MOD)
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Fay Wray, Roscoe Karns, Gary Cooper, Neil Hamilton, Clara Blandick & Jane Darwell|
|Directed by||Stephen Roberts|
|Screenwriting by||Grover Jones & William Slavens McNutt|
|Director of Photography:||Victor Milner|
Description by OLDIES.com:
One Sunday afternoon in the park, aspiring dentist Biff Grimes (Gary Cooper) meets a beauty (Fay Wray), falls heart over head in unrequited love, and - despite eventually marrying a pretty, steadfast girl - never stops wondering what might have been. Years later, Biff gets the chance to find out when he meets his would-be sweetheart again. Displaying the same all-American appeal that mark his memorable performances in such classics as Mr. Deeds Goes to Town and Sergeant York, Cooper makes James Hagan's hit play into endearing screen entertainment. Hollywood knew it had a good thing, remaking the film in 1941 as The Strawberry Blonde with James Cagney and as a musical in 1948 with Dennis Morgan.
Gary Cooper is a small town dentist dissatisfied with his lot. Though married to the lovely and affectionate Frances Fuller, Cooper still carries a torch for his former sweetheart, Fay Wray. Years earlier, Cooper had lost Wray to his old friend Neil Hamilton, and is consumed with the desire to get even with his rival. The now-wealthy Hamilton comes to visit Cooper, with Wray in tow. Cooper then seeks to rekindle his old romance. Based on the stage play by James Hagan (which starred Lloyd Nolan on Broadway), ONE SUNDAY AFTERNOON was remade with James Cagney as STRAWBERRY BLONDE (41), then reworked as a musical with Dennis Morgan under its original title in 1948.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 48,992
- UPC: 883316168042
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd (FS) (DVD-R)
$12.37 CYBER SALE
Top ranking titles in the Comedy genre:
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Attack of the 30's Characters - Cartoon Classics from All Eight Major American Animation Studios (DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER SALE
- Foreplay (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER SALE
- Buster Keaton - Industrial Strength: Classic Commercials, Industrial Films & Archival Rarities (2-DVD) ~ $2.39 CYBER SALE
- The Evolved (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER SALE