Colleen (Full Screen)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
The merry love-and-money plot involves a wheeler-dealer who convinces a goofy millionaire to back a chic dress shop run by two cuties, much to the chagrin of the millionaire's all-business nephew and all-battle-ax wife.
|You Save:||$3.60 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Forbidden Hollywood Collection, Volume 7 (The Hatchet Man / Skyscraper Souls / Employees' Entrance... ~ $38.38 (Save 20%)
- Ready, Willing and Able (Full Screen) ~ $14.39 (Save 20%)
- Shipmates Forever (Full Screen) ~ $14.39 (Save 20%)
- Show Girl In Hollywood (Full Screen) ~ $14.39 (Save 20%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 29 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 2, 2009
- Originally Released: 1936
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Dick Powell, Ruby Keeler, Joan Blondell, Hugh Herbert & Jack Oakie|
|Directed by||Alfred E. Green|
|Screenwriting by||F. Hugh Herbert, Peter Milne & Sig Herzig|
|Story by||Robert Lord|
|Director of Photography:||Sol Polito, George Barnes & Byron Haskin|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Oscar and Golden Globe-nominee Joan Blondell ("Grease," "The Champ") stars in this enjoyable comedy about an eccentric millionaire who hires a gold digger to run his business. Dick Powell ("42nd Street," "Murder, My Sweet") and Ruby Keeler ("That's Dancing!," "42nd Street") give great performances in this well-made musical.
The titular colleen is Ruby Keeler, hired to manage a dress shop by wealthy Dick Powell. Keeler is the replacement for slatternly Joan Blondell, who'd been assigned the job by Powell's philandering father (Hugh Herbert). With Powell and Keeler at the helm, it's no time at all before the musical numbers proliferate, though none of the songs have the staying power of those in such earlier Warners musicals as 42ND STREET and GOLDDIGGERS OF 1933. The best number, "Boulevardier from the Bronx", is familiar to modern viewers thanks to its constant use in Warner Bros. cartoons. A lesser Powell/Keeler outing, COLLEEN contains what many film buffs regard as the definitive performance of character comedian Hugh "Woo Woo" Herbert.
Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd (FS) (DVD-R)
$13.34 on SALE
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 14,486
- UPC: 883316164525
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Charlie Chan 3-Film Collection (The Red Dragon / The Feathered Serpent / The Sky Dragon) (2-Disc) (DVD-R) ~ $21.32 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Hal Roach's Early Pathe Comedies (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Dead End Kids Vs. Spies, Incorporated (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE