- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 10, 2000
- Originally Released: 1979
- Label: Beverly Wilshire Filmworks
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Stereo 2.0 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 04/01/2003
"There's plenty of Chaplin-style humour and slapstick in this early Jackie-Chan vehicle..."
Total Film - 08/01/2000
"...Some non-stop, old-school kung fu, launching Jackie Chan on is road to super-stardom..."
Though teenage Wong Fei Hong (Jackie Chan) is the son of a martial arts teacher, he'd much rather clown around and get in and out of trouble on the streets of Hong Kong than learn kung fu. When one of his pranks causes injury to the son of a powerful man, his father calls in a sadistic uncle to teach Fei Hung some self-discipline. The uncle specializes in a bizarre form of kung fu known as the "Drunken Boxer," and after losing a fight with a local assassin who has been hired to kill his father, Fei Hung realizes that it may be worth learning. This martial arts classic was the second collaboration between Chan and director Yuen Woo Ping, fight choreographer for THE MATRIX and CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON.
- Available to buy in the UK (widescreen version).