Jerry Lee Lewis Killer Country [Mercury]
Only 7 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.72 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.26 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: January 9, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Mercury Nashville
- 1.Another Place, Another Time
- 2.What's Made Milwaukee Famous (Has Made a Loser Out of Me)
- 3.Walking the Floor Over You
- 4.The Hole He Said He'd Dig for Me
- 5.She Still Comes Around (To Love What's Left of Me)
- 6.Waiting for a Train
- 7.She Even Woke Me Up to Say Goodbye
- 8.Workin' Man Blues
- 9.There Must Be More to Love Than This
- 10.Me and Bobby McGee
- 11.Once More With Feeling
- 12.Touching Home
- 13.Jack Daniels (Old Number Seven)
- 14.Think About It Darlin'
- 15.Pee Wee's Place
- 16.He Can't Fill My Shoes
- 17.Who's Gonna Play This Old Piano?
- 18.Middle Age Crazy
- 19.You're All Too Ugly Tonight
- 20.A Damn Good Country Song
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Includes liner notes by Colin Escott.
Personnel: Jerry Lee Lewis (vocals, piano).
Audio Remasterer: Joseph M. Palmaccio.
Liner Note Author: Colin Escott.
Unknown Contributor Role: Joseph M. Palmaccio.
Even though Jerry Lee Lewis was one of the best-known rock and roll singers in the world at the start of the sixties, by 1968 personal problems and his failure to develop his trademark sound made him a rock and roll has-been. With his rock and roll career seemingly over, Lewis turned to recording straight country music and was quickly rewarded with one of his biggest hits ever, "Another Place, Another Time." Having seen the light, Lewis threw himself into country music and soon racked up a string of country hits like the jukebox classic "What's Made Milwaukee Famous (Has Made A Loser Out Of Me)" and "There Must Be More To Love Than This."
Lewis' songs generally eschewed the cloying strings and corny backing vocalists that blighted much of the music that was coming out of Nashville at the time in favor of down-to-earth, back-to-basics performances that showcased his booming voice and pounding piano. Though Lewis recorded his fair share of duds during his country period, the twenty tracks on KILLER COUNTRY can hold their own against Lewis' celebrated rock and roll records and are essential Jerry Lee Lewis.
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 3 (CD)(2)
99¢ on SALE
Live At The Atlanta International Pop Festival (2-CD)(44)
$16.40 Super Savings
All My Friends: Celebrating the Songs & Voice of Gregg... (CD)
$17.42 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 20 ratings.
Based on 20 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!