- Released: October 27, 1998
- Label: Nonesuch
The Wire - 1/99, p.60
"...defined the terms of its own success, in attention grabbing symbiosis of film and score....The live performances...deliver energized music....adding half an hour of music previously omitted..."
- 1.Koyaanisquatsi, film score: Koyaanisqatsi
- 2.Koyaanisquatsi, film score: Organic
- 3.Koyaanisquatsi, film score: Cloudscape
- 4.Koyaanisquatsi, film score: Resource
- 5.Koyaanisquatsi, film score: Vessels
- 6.Koyaanisquatsi, film score: Pruit Igoe
- 7.Koyaanisquatsi, film score: The Grid
- 8.Koyaanisquatsi, film score: Prophecies
This is a newly recorded version of KOYAANISQATSI, which features previously unreleased music in addition to the original score.
Personnel includes: Philip Glass; Michael Riesman (conductor, keyboards); Albert De Ruiter (vocals); The Western Wind Vocal Ensemble; The Philip Glass Ensemble.
Recorded at Looking Glass Studios, New York, New York.
Includes liner notes by Tim Page.
One of the superstars of avant-garde composition and a highly respected and influential master of minimalism, Philip Glass turned to composing for the cinema in 1982, with director Godfrey Reggio's lyrically gorgeous KOYAANISQATI, a surreal documentary of life in general (and up-close) on our planet. Glass's grand, pulsating orchestral music draws you in as surely as the sound of rain on the roof, or watching a waterfall.