Grindhouse Shock Show (Bloody Pit of Horror / Nightmare Castle / Horrors of Spider Island / Beast of the Yellow Night / Keep My Grave Open) (2-DVD)
|You Save:||$5 (50% Off)|
- Grindhouse Shock Show - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Horror Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Includes ALP 7001D and ALP 5811D.
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Released: July 27, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Mickey Hargitay, Alexander D'Arcy, Barbara Steele & John Ashley|
|Directed by||Massimo Pupillo, Jaime Nolan, Allan Grunewald, Eddie Romero & S.F. Brownrigg|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Horrors of Spider Island (1962, B&W): A team of chorus girls find themselves caught in a deadly web when they are shipwrecked on a remote South Seas island. The lush, tropical isle seems an ideal place to await their rescue, but hidden in the jungle are giant poisonous spiders. A venomous bite transforms the girls' escort into a disfigured beast, half-man and half-insect. Consumed with lust and craving blood, the monster hunts down the defenseless girls and slaughters them one by one. The ensuing panic drives the dancers to squabble and fight among themselves until they realize that their only hope for survival is to work together in a final stand against the monster. Originally released in West Germany with the title Ein Toter hing im Netz, this campy sexploitation film uses every trick in the book to sneak a peek at its heroines' nubile bodies.
Nightmare Castle (1962, B&W): Muriel and David are caught in an adulterous affair by her sadistic husband Stephen, who subjects the couple to horrific tortures in his laboratory. He viciously executes them, but they are far from being disposed of. The unholy lovers return from the grave to wreak horrifying revenge on the scheming doctor and Muriel's psychotic twin sister, Jenny. Originally released as Amanti d'Oltretomba, this incessantly gruesome film draws high praise from fright-fest connoisseurs.
Beast of the Yellow Night (1971, Color): As notorious killer Joseph Langdon flees through the Philippine jungle, one step ahead of an all-out police manhunt, he makes a pact with the Devil to spare his life in return for his soul. He believes he got the better end of the bargain, but it seems he failed to read the fine print on the diabolical deal. Satan's contract calls for him to periodically be transformed into a crazed, hideous, flesh-eating demon.
Eddie Romero, who wrote and directed this low-budget horror film in 1971, is the most celebrated Philippino filmmaker of all time. His four-decade career led to him being named National Artist of the Philippines in 2003.
Starring John Ashley, Vic Diaz; Written and Directed by Eddie Romero.
Keep My Grave Open (1986, Color): A psychotic, sword-wielding killer impales victims one by one at the remote Fontaine mansion. Living there in the darkened rooms and hallways are emotionally disturbed Leslie and her reclusive and abusive brother, Kevin. The woman's psychiatrist, condemning her obsessive and incestuous relationship with Kevin, urges her to leave, but to no avail. As the bodies continue to pile up, Leslie sinks deeper and deeper into murderous madness.
One of four horror films from director S. F. Brownrigg (Don't Look in the Basement, Don't Open the Door, Scum of the Earth), Keep My Grave Open is notable for the screen debut of busy, successful actor Stephen Tobolowsky (Basic Instinct, Memento).
Starring Camilla Carr, Stephen Tobolowsky; Directed by S. F. Brownrigg.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Top ranking titles in the Horror genre:
- Zombiethon (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Night of Medusa (2016) / Slave Girls on the Moon (2014) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Redneck Zombies (20th Anniversary Edition) (DVD + CD Soundtrack) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Leeches (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Edition) (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- 3 Pack Action: The Delta Force / Delta Force 2 / Code of Silence (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Attack of the 30's Characters - Cartoon Classics from All Eight Major American Animation Studios (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE