It's A Wonderful World (Full Screen)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
THE HAPPENINGS OF ONE WONDERFUL NIGHT!
|You Save:||$4.01 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: January 19, 2010
- Originally Released: 1939
- Label: Warner Archive Collection (MOD)
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Claudette Colbert, Nat Pendleton, James Stewart, Guy Kibbee & Frances Drake|
|Directed by||W.S. Van Dyke|
|Screenwriting by||Ben Hecht|
|Composition by||Edward Ward|
|Story by||Herman J. Mankiewicz|
|Director of Photography:||Oliver T. Marsh|
Description by OLDIES.com:
If the idea of James Stewart masquerading as a gangly Boy Scout leader in oversized pants and Coke-bottle glasses makes you laugh, It's a Wonderful World awaits! This wisecracking classic scripted by screwball master Ben Hecht (Twentieth Century, Nothing Sacred, His Girl Friday) stars Stewart and the marvelous Claudette Colbert in their only screen pairing. He's a private eye on the run from a conspiracy rap in a phony murder case. She's a dizzy poet he takes hostage...and takes on the adventure of her life to track down the real killer. Naturally, despite constant peril and the PI's penchant for goofball disguises, romance blooms. Join two iconic stars in a comic world that's wacky, witty and completely wonderful.
In this frothy screwball comedy, Guy Johnson (James Stewart) is a private detective who is dedicated to his job but still quite green and a bit of a bumbler. Guy is hired to keep a close watch on Willie Heyward (Ernest Truex), a footloose millionaire with a habit of getting into trouble. One night, Willie ties one on and somehow ends up accused of murder, with Guy also charged as an accomplice. After the two are convicted, Guy escapes from the train taking him to prison, and he hits the road in hopes of finding evidence that will clear both himself and Willie. En route, Guy encounters Edwina Corday (Claudette Colbert), an eccentric poetess, and essentially abducts her, forcing her to let him use her car and help him as he tries to find the real murderer. But before long, Edwina seems more amused by Guy than threatened, and she falls in love with him as he assumes a bewildering series of disguises (actor, driver, Boy Scout) while trying to find the truth before it's too late. IT'S A WONDERFUL WORLD also features Guy Kibbee, Edgar Kennedy, Sidney Blackmer, and Hans Conried.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd (FS) (DVD-R)(15)
$15.98 on SALE
Top ranking titles in the Comedy genre:
- My Awkward Sexual Adventure (DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Ultra-Rare Pre-Code Comedies (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Clark and McCullough, Volume 2: Pre-Code Comedy Collection (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Heaven Can Wait (DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s, 30s and 40s - Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 12 - Ultra Rare Fetish (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 14 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE