Jimmy Durante EMI Comedy Classics - Jimmy Durante Sings Comedy Classics
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Jimmy Durante ~ At The Copacabana ~ $8.43 (Save 35%)
- Released: July 8, 2008
- Label: Emd Int'l
- 1.Madman For A Massage
- 2.Bill Bailey Won't You Please Come Home
- 3.Mad For That Man
- 4.Make The Best of It
- 5.Reforming The Greatest Act In Showbiz
- 6.Durante Patron of The Arts
- 7.Duet With Crosby
- 8.I'll Never Forget The Day I Read Book
- 9.Take A 'W'
- 10.Pike's Peak Or Bust
- 11.Duet With Cantor
- 12.Chidabee Chidabee Chidabee
- 13.I'm The Guy Who Found The Lost Chord
- 14.I'm A Vulture For Horticulture
- 15.Little Bit This Little Bit That
- 16.Durante The Candidate
- 17.Election Song
- 18.The State of Arkansas'
2008 collection of many of Durante's great comedy songs, performed live before radio audiences at the height of his popularity in the late '40s. If any performer can truly be said to have carved out his own comedic turf, made a huge success out of it lasting over several decades, while completely owning that piece of turf lock, stock and barrel, then that performer would have to be Jimmy Durante. There never has been - nor is there likely ever to be - a stylistic school of Durante; the man and his character are of one piece and ingrained in the national consciousness to the extreme. Anyone foolish enough to start appropriating any part of his act would be immediately branded as a slavish imitator - someone just merely 'doing Durante' - while always being doomed to comparison with the one and only real deal "Schnozzola" and again, falling well short of the mark. EMI Gold.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE