Roger & Zapp All the Greatest Hits
Only 6 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.67 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.31 (33% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 16, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Rhino
- 1.More Bounce to the Ounce - (with Roger Troutman)
- 2.Be Alright - (with Roger Troutman)
- 3.I Heard It Through the Grapevine - (with Roger Troutman)
- 4.So Ruff, So Tuff - (with Roger Troutman)
- 5.Do It Roger - (with Roger Troutman)
- 6.Dance Floor - (with Roger Troutman)
- 7.Doo WA Ditty (Blow That Thing) - (with Roger Troutman)
- 8.I Can Make You Dance - (with Roger Troutman)
- 9.Heartbreaker (Part 1, Part 2) - (with Roger Troutman)
- 10.In the Mix - (with Roger Troutman)
- 11.Midnight Hour-Live '93 - (remix, with Roger Troutman)
- 12.Computer Love - (with Roger Troutman)
- 13.Night and Day '93 - (remix, with Roger Troutman)
- 14.I Want to Be Your Man - (with Roger Troutman)
- 15.Curiosity '93 - (remix, with Roger Troutman)
- 16.Slow and Easy - (with Roger Troutman)
- 17.Mega Medley: More Bounce To the Ounce / Do It Roger / Heartbreaker (Part 1, Part 2) / Playin' Kinda Ruff / So Ruff, So Tuff / Dancefloor / I Can Make You Dance / Doo Wa Ditty (Blow That Thing) / I Heard It Through the Grapevine - (with Roger Troutman
Zapp: Roger Troutman (vocals, guitar, bass, keyboards, voice box); Zapp Troutman (vibraphone, background vocals); Lester Troutman (drums, drum programming); Larry Troutman (percussion).
Additional personnel includes: Greg Jackson (vocals, keyboards); The Mighty Clouds Of Joy, Shirley Murdock, Bobby Glover (vocals); Carl Cowen (flute, horns); Clarence Satchell (saxophone); Jerome Derrickson, Eddie Barber, Larry Hatcher (horns); Dale DeGroat (keyboards, drum programming, background vocals); Billy Beck (keyboards, background vocals); Robert "Rumba" Jones (percussion); Robert Smith (drum programming, background vocals); Bootsy Collins, Shelly Smith, Delores Smith, Dick Smith, LeRoy "Sugarfoot" Bonner, Janetta Boyce, Gary "Mudbone" Cooper, Malia Franklin (background vocals).
Producers: Roger Troutman, Zapp Troutman, Bootsy Collins.
Engineers include: Greg Ward, Jim Vitti, Mike Iacopelli.
Principally recorded at United Sound Systems and Sound Room East, Detroit, Michigan.
This 17-track compilation contains three certifiable R&B classics: the funk anthem "More Bounce To The Ounce," the trendsetting "Computer Love," and one of the finest singles of the '80s, Roger Troutman's solo smash "I Want To Be Your Man." The last is an achingly soulful and slow groove accented with the best use of the Vocoder (a device that changes the pitch of a voice without altering its tempo) in pop music history.
Vocoder effects appear throughout GREATEST HITS. They may have seemed gimmicky in less imaginative hands, but Troutman was also an inventive and creative producer and songwriter. Sadly, Troutman was murdered in 1999 by his brother Larry, a former member of Zapp. This exceptional compilation is a tribute to Roger's talents and a perfect introduction to Zapp and Roger.
The Gap BandThe Best of Gap Band - 20th Century Masters / Millennium...
$4.31 Super Savings
Somebody's Been Sleeping / 100 Proof Aged In Soul [Import] (CD)(2)
$11.12 Super Savings
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Atl (CD)(11)
$8.34 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 60 ratings.
Based on 60 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE