Fear The Record
12 copies available
|You Save:||$0.41 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 17, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Rhino
Record Collector (magazine) - p.1015 stars out of 5 -- "Probably the most exciting and impressive, one-dimensional, ill-mannered, distasteful, odious 'hate' record ever made."
- 1.Let's Have a War
- 2.Beef Boloney
- 4.I Don't Care About You
- 5.New York's Alright If You Like Saxophones
- 6.Gimme Some Action
- 7.Foreign Policy
- 8.We Destroy the Family
- 9.I Love Livin' in the City
- 11.We Got to Get Out of This Place
- 12.Fresh Flesh
- 13.Getting the Brush
- 14.No More Nothing
- 15.Fuck Christmas - (CD only)
Fear: Lee Ving (vocals, guitar, bass); Philo Cramer (vocals, guitar); Derf Scratch (vocals, saxophone, bass); Spit Stix (drums).
Recorded at Sound City Recording Studios, Van Nuys, California in December 1981.
Personnel: Derf Scratch (vocals, guitar, saxophone); Philo Cramer, Lee Ving (vocals, guitar); Spit Stix (drums).
Recording information: Sound City Recording Studios, Van Nuys, CA (12/1981).
Unknown Contributor Role: Lee Ving.
When John Belushi tried to book Black Flag on "Saturday Night Live" the powers that be shook with fear and vetoed the idea on the spot. They did, however, suggest the band Fear as a replacement. Somewhat paradoxically, Fear, with all its sound, fury, and decidedly politically incorrect ideas, was somehow acceptable. Make no mistake, THE RECORD is aggressive, offensive, and loud--it is the sound of a kid flipping the bird. And there is a barreling, garage-like catchiness to anthems such as "I Love Living in the City." The difference between Fear and bands like Black Flag is a subtle but crucial one: Fear does not cross the line into aural violence. Perhaps it is the tongue-in-cheek quality to Lee Ving's rants about minority groups in "Let's Have a War." Ving may be giving everyone within earshot the finger but he's doing it from a moving car.
Drunk InjunsFrom Where the Sun Now Stands I Will Fight No More, Forever
The Decline of Western Civilization Collection (4-DVD)
$34.97 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 58 ratings.
Based on 58 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Impressions Singles Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- The Original Gospel Harmonettes Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Johnny Mathis The Best of Johnny Mathis (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE