Union Depot (Full Screen)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
Finders keepers. Amid the comings and goings at Union Depot, on-the-grift Chic and his pal Scrap Iron retrieve a dropped baggage-claim ticket. They redeem it for a violin case - and open it to find a fortune in cash!
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$11.13 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.86 (38% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 8 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: December 1, 2009
- Originally Released: 1932
- Label: Warner Archive Collection (MOD)
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Douglas Fairbanks Jr., Joan Blondell, Guy Kibbee, Alan Hale, George Rosener & David Landau|
|Directed by||Alfred E. Green|
|Screenwriting by||Kenyon Nicholson, Kubec Glasmon, John Bright & Walter DeLeon|
|Composition by||Leo F. Forbstein|
|Director of Photography:||Sol Polito|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Finders keepers. Amid the comings and goings at Union Depot, on-the-grift Chic and his pal Scrap Iron retrieve a dropped baggage-claim ticket. They redeem it for a violin case - and open it to find a fortune in cash. Now Chic can put on airs and impress the doll-faced, down-on-her-luck chorus girl he meets at the station. And maybe she can travel to her next show on his dime (and flee a deviant stalker, to boot). Meanwhile, detectives can close in on the pair for passing around a lot of counterfeit dough.
With top Talkie Era stars (Douglas Fairbanks Jr., Joan Blondell) and come-hither pre-Code elan and innuendo, Union Depot is the place for "great fun, brimming with early-1930s flavor" (Leonard Maltin's Classic Movie Guide).
A GRAND HOTEL derivation set in a major metropolitan train terminal, UNION DEPOT features most of the reliable Warner Bros. stock company. Douglas Fairbanks Jr. stars as a slick thief; Joan Blondell costars as a stranded chorus girl; Alan Hale Sr. is featured as a phony baron absconding with company funds; and Frank McHugh does his drunk act. Other arrivals and departures include Guy Kibbee, David Landau, and George Rosener (as a sexual deviate stalking Ms. Blondell!) The huge depot set built for this film may seem like an unnecessary expenditure, but the set would come in handy for future, less costly Warners endeavors. The British title for UNION DEPOT was Gentleman for a Day, reflecting the crooked Fairbanks' good-guy turnaround at the end of the film.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 10,715
- UPC: 883316225929
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd (FS) (DVD-R)
$12.37 CYBER WEEK
Top ranking titles in the Comedy genre:
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER WEEK
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Attack of the 30's Characters - Cartoon Classics from All Eight Major American Animation Studios (DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER WEEK
- Foreplay (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER WEEK
- Buster Keaton - Industrial Strength: Classic Commercials, Industrial Films & Archival Rarities (2-DVD) ~ $2.39 CYBER WEEK
- The Evolved (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER WEEK