Joel McNeely Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
12 copies available
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Kevin Kiner ~ Star Wars: The Clone Wars [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] $7.59
- Released: April 23, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Varese Sarabande
- 1.Main Theme from "Star Wars & Leia's Nightmare" - (with Royal Scottish National Orchestra)
- 2.Battle of Gall, The - (with Royal Scottish National Orchestra)
- 3.Imperial City - (with Royal Scottish National Orchestra)
- 4.Beggar's Canyon Chase - (with Royal Scottish National Orchestra)
- 5.Southern Underground, The - (with Royal Scottish National Orchestra)
- 6.Xizor's Theme - (with Royal Scottish National Orchestra)
- 7.Seduction of Princess Leia, The - (with Royal Scottish National Orchestra)
- 8.Night Skies - (with Royal Scottish National Orchestra)
- 9.Into the Sewers - (with Royal Scottish National Orchestra)
- 10.Destruction of Xizor's Palace, The - (with Royal Scottish National Orchestra)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
STAR WARS: SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE is an Enhanced CD, containing a full audio program as well as CD-ROM files.
This is the orchestral "soundtrack" to the novel of the same name. Along with musical accompaniment to the novel's story, the disc contains excerpts from an epic poem read in an alien language designed by Lucasfilm's Ben Burtt.
Personnel: Joel McNeely (conductor); Royal Scottish National Orchestra And Chorus.
Recorded at City Halls, Glasgow, Scotland on February 24-25, 1996. Includes liner notes by Robert Townson and Joel McNeely.
Recording information: City Halls, Glasgow, Scotland (02/24/1996/02/25/1996).
Photographer: Matthew Peak.
The score for the video game Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire represents the first authorized music from George Lucas' interstellar franchise written by a composer other than John Williams. Joel McNeely, who succeeded Williams for the television series The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, was the logical choice here as well. Employing signature themes and motifs from Williams' original Star Wars score -- arguably the most beloved and influential movie music of the late 20th century -- McNeely vividly captures the power and majesty one expects from the series, thanks in large part to the epic performance of the Royal Scottish National Orchestra. To McNeely's credit, he also deviates sharply from Williams' template, contributing dissonant, intensely rhythmic passages (most notably "Xizor's Theme") without precedent in the Star Wars canon. Purists may blanch, but more adventurous listeners will appreciate the divergences from formula. ~ Jason Ankeny
Play Me a Movie: Piano Music to Accompany Silent (CD)
$16.89 Super Savings
Kristina Från Duvemåla: Den Kompletta Utgåvan (3-CD)(40)
$23.42 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 55 ratings.
Based on 55 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
John Williams Conducts Music from Star Wars (2-CD)
$14.85 Super Savings
Star Wars: The Clone Wars [Original Motion Picture... (CD)(19)
$7.59 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Soundtracks genre:
- Whitney Houston / Mariah Carey When You Believe (from "The Prince Of Egypt") [2-Track CD Single] ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Soundtrack River's Edge (Soundtrack Album) (LP) ~ $8.98
- Soundtrack Amadeus (2 LP) ~ $10.98 on SALE
- Various Artists The Inkwell (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Freejack (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE