George Carlin Class Clown (Live)
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 18, 2009
- Label: Laugh.Com
Alternative Press - 12/00, p.128Included in AP's "10 Essential Comedy Albums" - "...[He] sounds relaxed and smooth here...the fact remains - Carlin is funny because what he says is (mostly) true..."
- 1.Class Clown
- 2.Wasting Time: Sharing a Swallow
- 3.Values (How Much Is That Dog Crap in the Window?) /Shoot Is Shit ...
- 4.I Used to Be Irish Catholic
- 5.The Confessional
- 6.Special Dispensation: Heaven, Hell. Purgatory and Limbo
- 7.Heavy Mysteries
- 8.Muhammad Ali-America the Beautiful
- 9.Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television
Audio Remixer: Peter Abbott.
Editor: Peter Abbott.
Photographer: Vicki Hodgetts.
Following soon after the scene-setting FM & AM, 1972's CLASS CLOWN fully introduced George Carlin's brand-new standup persona. The comedic voice of the post-Woodstock generation, in much the same way that Lenny Bruce had spoken to and for the Beats, Carlin seemed to emerge fully formed with this album, as if his earlier transitional efforts and his previous life as a mainstream Vegas-style comic had never existed.
The difference this time out is that the material on CLASS CLOWN is far more personal and observational than anything he had previously attempted, not to mention much funnier. Although the epic, career-defining "Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television" is the album's most famous routine by far, "Class Clown," riffing on Carlin's life in Catholic school, is one of his most consistently hilarious segments. Carlin continues the theme later in the record, meandering through other religious topics in a tone more gently questioning than openly antagonistic. Besides being a huge seller and a popular discovery for generations of misfit teenagers to come, CLASS CLOWN is one of the finest standup comedy albums of all time.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 23 ratings.
Based on 23 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE