- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Released: October 6, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Kino Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Redbook... Eighteen to Thirty-Four!
- The Joy of Living with Fragrance
- Interview with A/V Geeks founder Skip Elsheimer
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Description by OLDIES.com:
You're Growing Up
Bailey Films 1955 Color 10 Min.The Wonders of Reproduction
Moody Institute 1958 Color 11 Min.Let's Make a Sandwich
American Gas Assoc. 1950 Color 4 Min.Why Study Home Economics?
Centron 1955 B&W 10 Min.As Others See Us
Social Science Films 1953 Color 10 Min.Growing Girls
Film Producers Guild 1949 B&W 12 Min.Improve Your Personality
Coronet 1951 B&W 10 Min.Pattern for Smartness
Hartley Productions 1948 Color 18 Min.Girls Are Better Than Ever
Douglas Film Ind. 1967 Color 13 Min.You're the Judge
Crisco Circa 1960s Color 18 Min.Worth Waiting For
Brigham Young University 1962 Color 27 Min.Saying No: A Few Words to Young Women About Sex
Crommie & Crommie 1982 Color 16 Min.Attack
Taft Broadcasting 1966 B&W 14 Min.
Gender may be genetic, but this series of vintage, classroom-ready shorts demonstrates that people thought a little help may be needed for some girls to become women. Modern-day viewers may gape at the emphasis on cooking in "You're the Judge" or the oblique sex ed in "Growing Girls," but this collection is now more about entertainment than education.