Randy Weston How High The Moon
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$5.52 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$7.45 (57% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Randy Weston ~ Zep Tepi, The Randy Weston African Rhythms Trio ~ $13.78
- Released: March 25, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
American jazz pianist Randy Weston is featured performing some of his best including "Run Joe," "J K Blues" and the standard "How High The Moon." Recorded live in New York City, November 21-22, 1956. From the vaults of Biograph Records.
- 1.Loose Wig
- 2.Run Joe
- 3.A Theme For Teddy
- 4.In A Spanish Town
- 5.Don't Blame Me
- 6.J K Blues
- 7.Well You Needn't
- 8.How High The Moon
Personnel: Randy Weston (piano); Cecil Payne (alto & baritone saxophones); Ray Copeland (trumpet); Ahmed-Abdul Malik (bass); Willie Jones, Wilbert Hogan (drums).
Recorded in New York, New York on November 21 & 22, 1956. Includes liner notes by Chris Albertson.
This is part of Biograph's Rare Dawn series.
Personnel: Randy Weston (piano); Cecil Payne (alto saxophone, baritone saxophone); Ray Copeland (trumpet); Wilbert G.T. Hogan, Willie Jones , Willie Jones III (drums).
Liner Note Author: Chris Albertson.
Recording information: New York, NY (11/21/1956-11/22/1956).
This wonderful 1957 release finds pianist Randy Weston expanding from his usual trio to a quintet. Three of his original compositions are joined by five jazz standards on this set. "Run Joe" is a pure delight and Thelonious Monk's "Well, You Needn't" is a nod to one of Weston's early inspirations. "Don't Blame Me" and the title track show the inventive and emotional way in which Weston draws from, and builds upon, great melodic and harmonic foundations. His own "A Theme For Teddy" is a sterling and romantic original that also serves as an excellent showcase for the empathetic interplay of the trio. Weston has produced an enormous body of work over the second half of the 20th Century, and this album is a high point from the '50s.
Memphis MinnieEarly Rhythm & Blues 1949 From The Rare Regal Sessions (CD)
$7.17 LABOR DAY
Blue Moses (Cti Records 40TH Anniversary Ed.) (CD)
Riverside: The Riverside Records Story (4-CD Box Set)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Zep Tepi, The Randy Weston African Rhythms Trio (CD)
$13.78 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 21,768
- UPC: 090431695623
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- "A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~ $22.49 LABOR DAY
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- 101 Strings Orchestra A Portrait Of 'The Lady' (LP) ~ $7.49 LABOR DAY
- 10DB I Second that Emotion / I Second that Emotion (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- 2 Black 2 Strong MMG Burn Baby Burn (LP) ~ $4.99 LABOR DAY
From the Archives of Biograph Records Product Series:
- The Beers Family Seasons of Peace (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- The Boilermaker Jazz Band Burgundy Street Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Boilermaker Jazz Band Don't Give Up The Ship (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- The Boilermaker Jazz Band Honky Tonk Town (CD) ~ $3.49 on SALE
- Al Cohn / Dexter Gordon We Three (With Zoot Sims) (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE