Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 5 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 6, 2009
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Premiere - 02/01/1995
"...Coaxes satirical bite from the trio of Nicholson, [Spader and Pfeiffer]..."
Rolling Stone - 07/14/1994
"...Nicholson is amazing, finding humor and poignancy....A rapturous romantic thriller with a darkly comic subtext..."
Sight and Sound - 09/01/1994
"...The fun is waiting for the moment when the eyes glint, the teeth are bared, and Wolfman Jack makes his welcome entrance..."
Entertainment Weekly - 01/13/1995
"...Nicholson is thoroughly sympathetic...[and] even more compelling after a wolf bite brings out the animal instincts..."
Variety - 06/13/1994
"...An intriguing thriller...Enjoyable for its humor and sophistication..."
USA Today - 06/17/1994
"...It's the most polished New York creep show since ROSEMARY'S BABY and the classiest film in six full moons..." -- 4 out of 4 stars
Los Angeles Times - 06/17/1994
"...Invariably an actor to watch, Nicholson is adept and surprisingly low-key and subtle in many of the scenes....Nicholson and Pfeiffer play nicely together..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 06/17/1994
"...The tone of the movie is steadfastly smart and literate....The movie looks great..."
When a mild-mannered, middle-aged book editor gets bitten by a wolf, it gives him a shot of confidence over younger colleagues, highly tuned senses and a few new lycanthropic appetites. Like a clever "New Yorker" cartoon, this urbane horror film satirizes middle age in New York's cutthroat social and business worlds.
The deposed editor-in-chief of an old, distinguished publishing firm, recently taken over by a multi-millionaire, corporate raider, is bitten by a wolf on a lonely stretch of road in Vermont the night of a full moon. As he slowly watches himself metamorphose into something lupine, he discovers that he has been betrayed by his most promising protege, his wife of 16 years has been unfaithful, and that he has fallen in love with the raider's beautiful, headstrong daughter. What follows is a series of grisly events that reaches a bloody and horrifying climax.
Big Business |
Love Triangle |
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical Release: June 17, 1994 (U.S.)
- Color by Technicolor.
- Shot with Panavision equipment at Sony Pictures Studios in Culver City, California and on location in New York City and Connecticut.
- Budget ran over $70 million.
- Additional cast: Brian Markinson (Detective Wade); Shirin Devrim (Older Woman); Peter Gerety (George); Bradford English (Keyes); Kirby Mitchell (Younger Man); and William Hill (Preppie).
- Additional credits: Jacques Valin and Sean Haworth (set designers), Mark Cotone (2nd assistant director), Jane Raab (NY production coordinator); Mary Baily (script supervisor).
- Keith Campbell (stunt double - Will/Acrobat); Keil Johnson (stunt double - Will) and Cindy Folkerson (stunt double - Laura).
- Animals provided by Animal Actors. Main title design and supervision by R/Greenberg Associates West.
- SDDS - Sony Dynamic Digital Sound
- Copyright 1994 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc.