- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 16, 2001
- Originally Released: 1972
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Dolby Digital Mono - French
- Dolby Digital Mono - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Uncut - 03/01/2005
"Barry Shear's violent, surprisingly bleak 1972 crime workout gets the mix of cliché, grit, action and Bobby Womack tunes about right."
The robbery of a Mafia numbers house in Harlem of $300,000 by three black men dressed as police sets off a city-wide search for the perpetrators. Quinn and Kotto give fine performances as cops divided in the common search. Quinn, as a cop on the take for most of his career, must balance his greed and the inherent need for justice in this gripping story. Excellent footage of Harlem as we see the Mafia and the police simultaneously try to track down the hoods.
- Theatrical Release: December 1972.