- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 3, 2009
- Originally Released: 1973
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Now here's a movie with as many zany people and events as a road map has destinations. Yes, it happens to be a road movie and on its zigzag route involving the search for a tucked-away stash of cash, you'll find a house blown to kingdom come; a pill-popping, short-shorted wanderer packing heat (Sally Kellerman); amiable ne'er-do-wells (James Caan, Peter Boyle) looking to do better as they steer a muscle car towing a silver Airsteam (with Louise Lasser inside) - plus trailing villains in ominous black vans, a diner stick-up, beach towns, farm towns, a war veterans' dance, Bingo Night-gone-loco, brawls and mystery. Hop in for a zippy ride from the director of Private Benjamin and the writer of 1978's Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
While searching for a small fortune of embezzled money, an ex-con, a small-time bandleader, his doting wife and a kooky drifter find themselves being followed. Their chase takes them to trailer camps, bingo halls, laundromats and ultimately, a showdown with a group of unconventional bad guys.
- Shot in California, in Metrocolor.
- Other cast members include: Seamon Glass (Farmer in Truck); Wayne Storm (Highway Patrolman); Diana Darrin (Band Singer); and Stuart Nisbet (Buddy).