The Beatles Abbey Road
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 9, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Capitol
Rolling Stone - 12/11/03, p.94Ranked #14 in Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Albums Of All Time" - "...Superb songs cut with an attention to refined detail, then segued together with conceptual force..."
Q - 6/00, p.78Ranked #17 in Q's "100 Greatest British Albums" - "The last Beatles LP to be recorded...it [has] extremely well-drilled and elaborate song structures....the quick-fire 8 track medley starting with 'You Never Give Me Your Money' and ending with 'The End' is unprecedented in rock..."
Down Beat - 1/22/704 Stars - Very Good - "...What is it that makes the Beatles so likeable? Maybe it's that they never seem to strain for effects yet are meticulous craftsman; that their humor, even when rather gruesome ...is never offensive; that their satire is never malicious; their lyricism never maudlin, but their work still has punch and conviction...genuine musicality and poetic imagination..."
Paste (magazine) (p.61) - "[T]he album is brilliant. From Lennon's slinky 'Come Together' to McCartney's passionate '50s-style rocker 'Oh! Darling'..."
- 1.Come Together
- 3.Maxwell's Silver Hammer
- 4.Oh! Darling
- 5.Octopus's Garden
- 6.I Want You (She's So Heavy)
- 7.Here Comes the Sun
- 9.You Never Give Me Your Money
- 10.Sun King
- 11.Mean Mr. Mustard
- 12.Polythene Pam
- 13.She Came in Through the Bathroom Window
- 14.Golden Slumbers
- 15.Carry That Weight
- 17.Her Majesty
ABBEY ROAD, recorded in the summer of 1969, was the last album recorded by the Beatles (LET IT BE was released in 1970, but recorded in early '69).
The Beatles: Paul McCartney (vocals, guitar, keyboards, bass); John Lennon (vocals, guitar, keyboards); George Harrison (vocals, guitar, synthesizer); Ringo Starr (vocals, drums, percussion).
This reissue of ABBEY ROAD has been digitally re-mastered. It comes packaged with replicated original U.K. album art, an expanded booklet containing original and newly written liner notes, and rare photos. Limited quantities of the CD are embedded with a brief documentary film about the album.
Audio Remasterers: Sean Magee; Sam O'Kell; Steve Rooke; Guy Massey; Paul Hicks.
Liner Note Authors: Mike Heatley; Kevin Howlett.
Recording information: 02/22/1969-08/20/1969.
Photographer: Iain Macmillan.
After the laborious disorganization and infighting that characterized early 1969's LET IT BE sessions (as famously captured on film), the fractious four were willing to let George Martin take the reins and to work with him as a cohesive unit for the much more succinct production of their (and the decade's) swan song, ABBEY ROAD. The superb performances make the album an artistic high point for all members of the group. Paul McCartney inspired the suite of songs that begins with "You Never Give Me Your Money." Often thought of as two long medleys, the songs that fill most of the second half of ABBEY ROAD segue seamlessly into one another, but are programmed as separate CD tracks. George Harrison had his first A-side on a Beatles' single ("Something"); John Lennon contributed a pair of heavy rockers ("Come Together" and "I Want You"); and Ringo Starr's "Octopus's Garden" was a favorite with children.
The Moody BluesDays Of Future Passed (45th Anniversary Ed.) (180GV)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)(14)
$4.12 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra Hey... Let Yourself Go! / C'mon... Get Happy! (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 80s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule - Volume 1 - Disc 4 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE