The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour
14 copies available
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$13.34 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.64 (33% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 9, 2009
- Label: Capitol
Q - 8/89Included in Q Magazine's "Best Psychedelic Albums of All Time" issue.
Q - 8/99, p.138"...the weirdest beast in the entire Beatles catalogue....As good an indicator as any that all the madness was about to end. It had to."
Paste (magazine) (p.60) - "With much better material and no forced concept to weigh down the proceedings, Martin's production work shines, particularly on the Lennon tracks."
- 1.Magical Mystery Tour
- 2.Fool on the Hill
- 4.Blue Jay Way
- 5.Your Mother Should Know
- 6.I Am the Walrus
- 7.Hello Goodbye
- 8.Strawberry Fields Forever
- 9.Penny Lane
- 10.Baby You're a Rich Man
- 11.All You Need Is Love
The Beatles: John Lennon (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, harmonica, piano, harpsichord, organ, clavioline, Mellotron, maracas, tambourine, tape loops); George Harrison (vocals, guitar, violin, harmonica, Hammond organ, timpani, congas, firebell, tambourine, tabla); Paul McCartney (vocals, guitar, flute, recorder, piano, acoustic & electric basses, bongos, congas); Ringo Starr (vocals, drums, maracas, tambourine, finger cymbals, tape loops).
Additional personnel includes: Dave Mason (piccolo, trumpet); Philip Jones (trumpet); George Martin (piano); Mal Evans (tambourine); Mick Jagger, Gary Leeds, Keith Richards, Marianne Faithfull, Jane Asher, Patti Harrison, Keith Moon, Graham Nash (background vocals).
Recorded at Abbey Road Studios, Olympic Sound Studios, De Lane Lea and Chappell Recording Studios, London, England between November 24, 1966 and November 7, 1967.
This reissue of MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR has been digitally re-mastered. It comes packaged with replicated original U.K. album art, an expanded booklet containing original and newly written liner notes, and rare photos. Limited quantities of the CD are embedded with a brief documentary film about the album.
Audio Remasterers: Sam Okell; Sean Magee; Steve Rooke; Guy Massey; Paul Hicks.
Liner Note Authors: Mike Heatley; Kevin Howlett.
The first six songs on MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR were the soundtrack to the Beatles' TV movie of the same name. The film was an experimental mess, but the experimental pop of the album included some of their most memorable productions. The soundtrack side was dominated by Paul McCartney pop tunes, including the bittersweet piano ballad "Fool On The Hill" and "Your Mother Should Know," an impossibly catchy bit of Vaudevillian pop. But it also featured George Harrison's mystical "Blue Jay Way" (about his house in Hollywood) and John Lennon's "I Am The Walrus," which wedded a stream-of-consciousness lyric to a fierce drum beat, layers of strings, odd voices and some dialogue from Shakespeare's "King Lear."
McCartney's "Hello Goodbye," which led off the assorted singles, featured some neatly arranged contrapuntal vocals, and may well have been about the dissolving partnerships (songwriting and otherwise) between McCartney and Lennon. Lennon's strangely arranged "Strawberry Fields Forever," whose two halves blend different takes of the same song, one slowed down to match the pitch of the other, was a trippy reverie; its bridges, orchestrated with horns, cellos, and backward cymbals, are sheer brilliance. "Penny Lane," a wistful fantasy featuring a beautiful trumpet solo, was McCartney at his melodic best, the AM foil to Lennon's FM headiness.
Inside the Fifth Beatle: Unauthorized [Documentary] (DVD)
$1.49 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 532 ratings.
Based on 532 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 34,383
- UPC: 094638246527
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Rock & Pop: Psychedelic Music Categories:
- ? and The Mysterians The Best of ? And The Mysterians (Cameo Parkway) (CD) ~ $11.02 CYBER WEEK
- 13th Floor Elevators The Albums Collection (All Four Original International Artists Albums Remastered) (4-CD) ~ $24.28 CYBER WEEK
- 13th Floor Elevators Bull Of The Woods (Snapper UK) (2-CD) ~ $16.18 CYBER WEEK
- 13th Floor Elevators Easter Everywhere (2-CD) ~ $16.18 CYBER WEEK
- 13th Floor Elevators Live Evolution Lost (CD) ~ $15.08 CYBER WEEK
- 5 Seconds of Summer 5 Seconds of Summer (CD) ~ $11.19 CYBER WEEK
- 5 Seconds of Summer LIVESOS (CD) ~ $10.99 CYBER WEEK
- 5 Seconds of Summer She Looks So Perfect (CD) ~ $4.48 CYBER WEEK
- 5 Seconds of Summer Sounds Good Feels Good (CD) ~ $12.56 CYBER WEEK
- 5 Seconds of Summer Sounds Good Feels Good [Deluxe Edition] (CD) ~ $16.19 CYBER WEEK