The Beatles With the Beatles
15 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$16.58 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.40 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 9, 2009
- Label: Capitol
Paste (magazine) (p.58) - "[T]his album is almost as strong as the band's debut....[With] smart cover choices..."
- 1.It Won't Be Long
- 2.All I've Got to Do
- 3.All My Loving
- 4.Don't Bother Me
- 5.Little Child
- 6.Till There Was You
- 7.Please Mr. Postman
- 8.Roll over Beethoven
- 9.Hold Me Tight
- 10.You've Really Got a Hold on Me
- 11.I Wanna Be Your Man
- 12.Devil in Her Heart
- 13.Not a Second Time
- 14.Money (That's What I Want)
The Beatles: John Lennon (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, harmonica, Hammond organ, tambourine); George Harrison (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars); Paul McCartney (vocals, piano, electric bass, claves); Ringo Starr (vocals, drums, bongos, maracas).
Additional personnel: George Martin (piano).
Recorded at Abbey Road Studios, London, England from July to October 1963.
Includes liner notes by Tony Barrow.
This reissue of WITH THE BEATLES has been digitally re-mastered. It comes packaged with replicated original U.K. album art, an expanded booklet containing original and newly written liner notes, and rare photos. Limited quantities of the CD are embedded with a brief documentary film about the album.
Personnel: John Lennon (vocals, guitar); George Harrison (guitar); Paul McCartney (bass guitar); Ringo Starr (drums).
Audio Remasterers: Sam Okell; Sean Magee; Steve Rooke; Guy Massey; Paul Hicks.
Liner Note Authors: Mike Heatley; Tony Barrow; Kevin Howlett.
This is the one that turned the world upside-down. Released as its creators evolved from pop group to phenomenon, WITH THE BEATLES both affirmed promise and proclaimed genius. A slew of memorable Lennon/McCartney compositions embraced pop at its most multi-faceted, robust, melancholic, excited, and wistful. Their grasp of melody and harmony startled, yet for every unusual chord sequence employed, the Beatles' vigor and sense of purpose remained true. Influences and mentors were acknowledged by a handful of cover versions, but the strength of the album lies in the group's own creations. WITH THE BEATLES freed artists to record their own material, and the course of pop was irrevocably changed.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 224 ratings.
Based on 224 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Something About Suburbia: The Sixties Sounds of Tim Andrews (CD)
$17.95 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 6 ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Funk, Volume 2: 12 Funky Tracks (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE