The Beatles Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$16.58 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.40 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 9, 2009
- Label: Capitol
Rolling Stone - 12/11/03, p.85Ranked #1 in Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Albums Of All Time" - "...The most important rock & roll album ever made, an unsurpassed adventure in concept, sound, songwriting, cover art and studio technology..."
Q - 6/00, p.80Ranked #13 in Q's "100 Greatest British Albums" - "...It deserves playing, and playing again....[including] one of the Top Five finest vocal performances in all rock: Ringo's 'With A Little Help From My Friends'....do yourself a favor."
Mojo (Publisher) - p.52Ranked #14 in Mojo's "The 50 Most Out There Albums Of All Time" - "The Beatles build a new universe with every song..."
NME (Magazine) - 10/2/93, p.29Ranked #33 in NME's list of the 'Greatest Albums Of All Time.'
Paste (magazine) (p.60) - "As a pioneering work of studio wizardry, this loose concept album is amazing..."
- 1.Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
- 2.With a Little Help from My Friends
- 3.Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
- 4.Getting Better
- 5.Fixing a Hole
- 6.She's Leaving Home
- 7.Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
- 8.Within You Without You
- 9.When I'm Sixty-Four
- 10.Lovely Rita
- 11.Good Morning Good Morning
- 12.Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [Reprise]
- 13.Day in the Life
Includes a 28-page booklet with rare photos, notes on the recording sessions and lyrics.
The Beatles: George Harrison (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, sitar, tamboura, harmonica, tambourine, comb & paper); John Lennon (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, piano, Hammond organ, maracas, comb & paper); Paul McCartney (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, piano, harpsichord, Hammond organ, bass, comb & paper); Ringo Starr (vocals, harmonica, piano, drums, bongos).
Additional personnel includes: Neil Aspinall (tamboura, harmonica); Mal
Evans (harmonica, alarm clock); George Martin (piano, harmonium,
Wurlitzer organ, organ); Sounds Incorporated (saxophone, French
Engineers include: Geoff Emerick, Malcolm Addey, Ken Townsend.
Recorded at Abbey Road Studios and Regent Sound Studio, London, England between December 6, 1966 and April 21, 1967.
Includes liner notes by George Martin, Mark Lewisohn and Peter Blake.
This reissue of SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND has been digitally re-mastered. It comes packaged with replicated original U.K. album art, an expanded booklet containing original and newly written liner notes, and rare photos. Limited quantities of the CD are embedded with a brief documentary film about the album.
Audio Remasterers: Sam Okell; Sean Magee; Steve Rooke; Guy Massey; Paul Hicks.
Liner Note Authors: Mike Heatley; Mark Lewisohn; Kevin Howlett.
Photographer: Michael Cooper.
One of the most famous and influential albums ever recorded, SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND had a huge impact on the music world, signaling the beginning of a new era of sophistication and maturity in rock. The musical experimentation was dynamic and fresh, several tracks were edited to create seamless transitions, and even the visual design was more elaborate than anything previously attempted.
Producer George Martin and The Beatles searched for new sounds and studio effects. They added crowd sounds and animal cries from sound-effects recordings, sped up Paul McCartney's vocals in "When I'm Sixty-Four" (to make him sound younger), and sustained a single piano chord for 40 seconds to end "A Day In The Life." The orchestrations, scored by Martin, were hailed by critics as bridging the gap between pop and classical music, and many people who had never bought a rock record bought SGT. PEPPER'S.
Boxing - Muhammad Ali: The Greatest (Plus Bonus Featurette:... (DVD)
$1.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Pat Benatar The Best of Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Soft Rock 70'S (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE