The Beatles Revolver (British)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.15 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.83 (36% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 9, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Capitol
Rolling Stone - 4/11/02, p.106Ranked #10 in Rolling Stone's "50 Coolest Records" - "...The Fabs tune into Dylan, the Stones, the Beach Boys, decide to top to top them all..."
Q - 6/00, pp.92-3Ranked #1 in Q's "100 Greatest British Albums" - "...The most shocking Beatles record....combining an astonishing mix of styles with a weirdly consistent sense of purpose....[mapping] out the pop universe...perfectly..."
Melody Maker - 10/2/93, p.29Ranked #2 in NME's list of the 'Greatest Albums Of All Time.'
Paste (magazine) (p.59) - "With REVOLVER, The Beatles completed their transformation from the mop tops of three years earlier into bold, groundbreaking experimental rockers."
- 2.Eleanor Rigby
- 3.I'm Only Sleeping
- 4.Love You To
- 5.Here, There and Everywhere
- 6.Yellow Submarine
- 7.She Said, She Said
- 8.Good Day Sunshine
- 9.And Your Bird Can Sing
- 10.For No One
- 11.Doctor Robert
- 12.I Want to Tell You
- 13.Got to Get You into My Life
- 14.Tomorrow Never Knows
The Beatles: George Harrison (vocals, guitar, sitar); Paul McCartney (vocals, guitar, piano, keyboards, bass); John Lennon (vocals, guitar); Ringo Starr (vocals, drums).
Additional personnel includes: Alan Civil (French horn); Anil Bhagwat (tabla); Brian Jones (background vocals).
This reissue of REVOLVER has been digitally re-mastered. It comes packaged with replicated original U.K. album art, an expanded booklet containing original and newly written liner notes, and rare photos. Limited quantities of the CD are embedded with a brief documentary film about the album.
Audio Remasterers: Sean Magee; Sam O'Kell; Steve Rooke; Guy Massey; Paul Hicks.
Liner Note Authors: Mike Heatley; Kevin Howlett.
Recording information: 04/06/1966-06/21/1966.
Arguably the first psychedelic rock album, REVOLVER was praised for its musical experimentation--the Indian sounds of "Love You To," the Motown-inspired "Got To Get You Into My Life," the backwards guitar in "I'm Only Sleeping." "Tomorrow Never Knows" was the most radical departure from previous Beatles' recordings for its skeletal bass/drums propulsion enhanced only with tape loops (contributed by all four Beatles and added in the mix-down process), more backwards guitar, and an eerie John Lennon vocal.
Still, the Beatles' experimentation grew out of their songwriting, which had matured beyond formula pop. "Tomorrow Never Knows" was inspired by the Tibetan Book of the Dead, Harrison's "Taxman" was a bitter diatribe, and McCartney's "Eleanor Rigby" was a bleak portrait of loneliness. Balanced with upbeat songs like "Good Day Sunshine" and "Yellow Submarine," REVOLVER proved The Beatles were not mere pop stars, but musical artists in search of new sounds and ideas.
The BeatlesSgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [Collector's Crate...
$40.65 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 945 ratings.
Based on 945 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Something About Suburbia: The Sixties Sounds of Tim Andrews (CD)
$17.95 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- The Invaders On The Right Track (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Stowaways ...In Our Time (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE