The Beatles Please Please Me
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$13.50 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.48 (29% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 9, 2009
- Label: Capitol
Rolling Stone - 12/11/03, p.108Ranked #39 in Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Albums Of All Time" - "...For productivity alone, it is one of the greatest first albums in rock..."
Paste (magazine) (p.58) - "It's difficult to put into words just how new and exotic these songs sounded in early 1963..."
- 1.I Saw Her Standing There
- 3.Anna (Go to Him)
- 6.Ask Me Why
- 7.Please Please Me
- 8.Love Me Do
- 9.P.S. I Love You
- 10.Baby It's You
- 11.Do You Want to Know a Secret
- 12.A Taste of Honey
- 13.There's a Place
- 14.Twist and Shout
- 15.Please Please Me Mini-Documentary
The Beatles: George Harrison (vocals, guitar); John Lennon (vocals, guitar, harmonica); Paul McCartney (vocals, bass); Ringo Starr (vocals, drums).
Recorded at Abbey Road Studios, London, England. "Love Me Do" and "P.S. I Love You" were recorded in September 1962. The other 12 tracks were recorded on February 11, 1963 ("Twist And Shout" was the last song to be recorded).
Includes liner notes by Tony Barrow.
This reissue of PLEASE PLEASE ME has been digitally re-mastered. It comes packaged with replicated original U.K. album art, an expanded booklet containing original and newly written liner notes, and rare photos. Limited quantities of the CD are embedded with a brief documentary film about the album.
Personnel: George Harrison (guitar); Paul McCartney (bass guitar); Ringo Starr (drums).
Audio Remasterers: Sam Okell; Sean Magee; Steve Rooke; Guy Massey; Paul Hicks.
Liner Note Authors: Mike Heatley; Tony Barrow; Kevin Howlett.
Recorded in between a cup of tea and a cigarette, this album is raw yet dazzling. Here were four lads, highly experienced on stage, but with little or no idea of what a recording studio was like. They were subtly marshalled by the much-respected George Martin to deliver an entire album that was exactly what the fans wanted, but was still a surprise. Things were never as simple as this again, yet the genius is there. Examples are Lennon's unmatchable rasping on "Twist And Shout," McCartney's graceful ease in singing "I Saw Her Standing There," Harrison's sparse but definite Gretsch chords, and Starr's ace vocal on "Boys."
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 279 ratings.
Based on 279 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Something About Suburbia: The Sixties Sounds of Tim Andrews (CD)
$17.95 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- The Isley Brothers Shout! (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE