The Beatles Help!
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 9, 2009
- Label: Capitol
Entertainment Weekly - 10/12/01, p.34Ranked #33 in EW's "100 Best Movie Soundtracks" - "...A mind-blowing slew of verging-on-adulthood Fab gems..."
Mojo (Publisher) - 6/02, p.65Included in Mojo's "100 Coolest Movie Soundtracks" - "...Pop music this good has rarely been written for the movies."
Paste (magazine) (p.59) - "It set the stage for one of the most groundbreaking and innovative periods in The Beatles' career, not to mention pop music in general."
- 2.Night Before
- 3.You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
- 4.I Need You
- 5.Another Girl
- 6.You're Gonna Lose That Girl
- 7.Ticket to Ride
- 8.Act Naturally
- 9.It's Only Love
- 10.You Like Me Too Much
- 11.Tell Me What You See
- 12.I've Just Seen a Face
- 14.Dizzy Miss Lizzy
The Beatles: John Lennon (vocals, guitar, electric piano); Paul McCartney (vocals, guitar, keyboards, bass); George Harrison (vocals, guitar); Ringo Starr (vocals, drums).
Additional personnel: George Martin (piano).
This reissue of HELP! has been digitally re-mastered. It comes packaged with replicated original U.K. album art, an expanded booklet containing original and newly written liner notes, and rare photos. Limited quantities of the CD are embedded with a brief documentary film about the album.
Audio Remasterers: Sam Okell; Sean Magee; Steve Rooke; Guy Massey; Paul Hicks.
Liner Note Authors: Mike Heatley; Kevin Howlett.
Photographers: Bruce a. Karsh; Robert Freeman.
HELP was the last Beatles album to feature a cover version (Larry Williams's "Dizzy Miss Lizzie"), and is considered a turning point in the quality of their songwriting. Like the previous album's "Im a Loser," "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" was Lennon's nod to the influence of Bob Dylan. McCartney's gift for melody was obvious in "I've Just Seen A Face." And Harrison's songwriting contributions grew to two tracks.
Instrumentally, "Ticket To Ride"'s off-beat rhythm was Ringo's masterpiece, while the string quartet in the huge hit "Yesterday" was unusual for a rock band at that time; it was the start of a stellar series of McCartney ballads with strings ("Eleanor Rigby," "She's Leaving Home").
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 287 ratings.
Based on 287 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Something About Suburbia: The Sixties Sounds of Tim Andrews (CD)
$17.69 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra Hey... Let Yourself Go! / C'mon... Get Happy! (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 80s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule - Volume 1 - Disc 4 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE