Love Among Thieves (Full Screen)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
Audrey Hepburn (in her last leading role) and Robert Wagner star in this exuberant comedy-mystery with echoes of Charade, How to Steal a Million and more Hepburn classics. Any fan of smart romantic capers - will treasure Love Among Thieves.
|CYBER SALE:||$11.13 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.86 (38% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 6, 2009
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Warner Archive Collection (MOD)
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Audrey Hepburn, Jerry Orbach, Robert Wagner, Patrick Bauchau & Brion James|
|Directed by||Roger Young|
|Screenwriting by||Stephen Black|
|Composition by||Arthur B. Rubinstein|
|Director of Photography:||Gayne Rescher|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Elegant Baroness Caroline DuLac can usually be found on the concert stage, entrancing audiences with her piano virtuosity. So what is she doing filching priceless Faberge eggs, tearing through the Mexican desert with a cigar-chomping stranger, eluding a mysterious man in a trench coat and marrying a short, sweaty bandito? Audrey Hepburn (in her last leading role) and Robert Wagner provide the answers in this exuberant comedy-mystery with echoes of Charade, How to Steal a Million and more Hepburn classics. Any fan of the marvelous Miss Hepburn - or of smart romantic capers - will treasure Love Among Thieves.
Made for TV on a feature-film budget, LOVE AMONG THIEVES stars Audrey Hepburn and Robert Wagner--but fails to be worthy of the talents of either star. Ms. Hepburn plays a widowed baroness and classical pianist, who steals three Faberge eggs from a museum in order to ransom her kidnapped fiance. En route to the "drop", Audrey is rescued from a mysterious assailant (Jerry Orbach) by suave stranger Robert Wagner. Wagner proceeds to demonstrate that he's not all he seems by swiping the valuable jeweled eggs. The rest of the film is a maelstrom of double-crosses, clinches and hairbreadth escapes, all evidently intended to emulate Hepburn's 1963 theatrical feature CHARADE and Wagner's popular 1960s TV series IT TAKES A THIEF.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 49,320
- UPC: 883316212721
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Warner Archive Collection Product Series:
- The 100 - Complete 2nd Season (Blu-ray) ~ $33.57 CYBER SALE
- The 100 - Complete 3rd Season (Blu-ray) ~ $33.57 CYBER SALE
- 20,000 Years In Sing Sing (DVD-R) ~ $11.13 CYBER SALE
- The 25th Hour (DVD-R) ~ $12.37 CYBER SALE
- -30- (DVD-R) ~ $11.13 CYBER SALE
Top ranking titles in the Drama genre:
- The Graduate (Widescreen) (Decades Collection) (Includes Bonus Audio CD) (DVD) ~ $2.39 CYBER SALE
- The Best of Tromadance Film Festival, Volume 4 (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER SALE
- Dante's View (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER SALE
- They Made Me a Criminal / Lady Gangster (DVD) ~ 69¢ CYBER SALE
- Dolly Parton Coat of Many Colors (Blu-ray) (DVD-R) ~ $17.98 CYBER SALE