Love Among Thieves (Full Screen)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
Audrey Hepburn (in her last leading role) and Robert Wagner star in this exuberant comedy-mystery with echoes of Charade, How to Steal a Million and more Hepburn classics. Any fan of smart romantic capers - will treasure Love Among Thieves.
|You Save:||$3.60 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 6, 2009
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Audrey Hepburn, Jerry Orbach, Robert Wagner, Patrick Bauchau & Brion James|
|Directed by||Roger Young|
|Screenwriting by||Stephen Black|
|Composition by||Arthur B. Rubinstein|
|Director of Photography:||Gayne Rescher|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Elegant Baroness Caroline DuLac can usually be found on the concert stage, entrancing audiences with her piano virtuosity. So what is she doing filching priceless Faberge eggs, tearing through the Mexican desert with a cigar-chomping stranger, eluding a mysterious man in a trench coat and marrying a short, sweaty bandito? Audrey Hepburn (in her last leading role) and Robert Wagner provide the answers in this exuberant comedy-mystery with echoes of Charade, How to Steal a Million and more Hepburn classics. Any fan of the marvelous Miss Hepburn - or of smart romantic capers - will treasure Love Among Thieves.
Made for TV on a feature-film budget, LOVE AMONG THIEVES stars Audrey Hepburn and Robert Wagner--but fails to be worthy of the talents of either star. Ms. Hepburn plays a widowed baroness and classical pianist, who steals three Faberge eggs from a museum in order to ransom her kidnapped fiance. En route to the "drop", Audrey is rescued from a mysterious assailant (Jerry Orbach) by suave stranger Robert Wagner. Wagner proceeds to demonstrate that he's not all he seems by swiping the valuable jeweled eggs. The rest of the film is a maelstrom of double-crosses, clinches and hairbreadth escapes, all evidently intended to emulate Hepburn's 1963 theatrical feature CHARADE and Wagner's popular 1960s TV series IT TAKES A THIEF.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd (FS) (DVD-R)
$13.34 on SALE
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Charlie Chan 3-Film Collection (The Red Dragon / The Feathered Serpent / The Sky Dragon) (2-Disc) (DVD-R) ~ $21.32 on SALE
- Hal Roach's Early Pathe Comedies (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Night of Medusa (2016) / Slave Girls on the Moon (2014) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE