Ruth Brown Late Date with Ruth Brown
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$5.52 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$7.45 (57% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Ruth Brown ~ Only The Best of Ruth Brown (3-CD) ~ $22.95
- Released: August 28, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Atlantic 1308 (1959)
Description by OLDIES.com:
This 1959 Atlantic release by Ruth Brown features her tackling sexy and sophisticated songs by Rodgers & Hart, Duke Ellington, Cole Porter, Frankie Laine, George & Ira Gershwin, Irving Berlin and others. Highlights include "It Could Happy To You," "We'll Be Together Again" and "Let's Face The Music And Dance." Brown was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1993, and was influential in the founding of the Rhythm & Blues Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to helping artists recoup artist royalties.
- 1.It Could Happen To You
- 2.Why Don't You Do Right
- 4.I'm Just A Lucky So And So
- 5.I Can Dream, Can't I
- 6.You And The Night And The Music
- 7.You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To
- 8.We'll Be Together Again
- 9.I'm Beginning To See The Light
- 10.I Loves You Porgy
- 11.No One Ever Tells You
- 12.Let's Face The Music And Dance
Personnel: Ruth Brown (vocals); Harry Katzman (violin, concertina); Tony Bambino, Harry Melnikoff, Tony Bambino (violin); Joe Soldo (saxophone, trumpet); Jerry Sanfino (saxophone, bass guitar); Phil Bodner (saxophone); Joe Cabot, Doc Severinsen, Ernie Royal, Joe Cabot, Bernie Glow (trumpet); Robert Alexander , Bob Alexander (trombone); Milt Hinton (bass guitar); Al Caiola, Mundell Lowe (guitar); Julius Held, Leo Kruczek, Felix Giglio, Arnold Eidus (violin); Romeo Penque (flute, oboe, saxophone, alto saxophone); George Berg (flute, saxophone, tenor saxophone); Frank Rehak, Chauncey Welsch, Mort Bullman (trombone); Hank Jones (piano); Sol Gubin, Don Lamond (drums).
Liner Note Author: Howard Cook.
Recording information: 01/27/1959-02/05/1959.
Arranger: Richard Wess.
A good after-hours, smoky blues and R&B session featuring Ruth Brown in prime form. Nobody, male or female, sang with more spirit, sass, and vigor than Brown during the '50s, and this session reminded those who had forgotten that Brown could also hold her own with sophisticated material as well as sexy stuff. ~ Ron Wynn
Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - 50s, 60s and 70s (3-CD)
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 50s (CD)
$11.03 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 21,243
- UPC: 090431692226
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
Collectables Records Labels:
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $8.27 LABOR DAY
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Nicky Addeo & The Night Owls Seaside Serenade (CD) ~ $3.99 on SALE