Earth II (Full Screen)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
Outstanding special effects and a name cast (headed by Gary Lockwood) highlight this space-frontier chiller that brings audiences to the terrifying edge of Doomsday. Can men and women of peace triumph over the awesome power of nuclear weapons?
|You Save:||$3.60 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 6, 2009
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: Warner Archive Collection (MOD)
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Gary Lockwood, Anthony Franciosa, Scott Hylands, Hari Rhodes & Lew Ayres|
|Directed by||Tom Gries|
|Composition by||Lalo Schifrin|
Description by OLDIES.com:
In the peaceful space colony called Earth II, even toy guns are banned. But something far more dangerous threatens this ideal world: a Chinese satellite armed with three nuclear warheads. The citizens of Earth II decide to disarm the warheads, despite China's warning that anyone who interferes will instigate a thermonuclear World War III. Outstanding special effects and a name cast (headed by 2001: A Space Odyssey co-star Gary Lockwood) highlight this space-frontier chiller that brings audiences to the terrifying edge of Doomsday. Can men and women of peace triumph over the awesome power of nuclear weapons? Earth II has an answer.
The all-purpose science fiction title EARTH II was utilized in 1971 for this TV pilot film. Producer/writers Allan Balter and William Read Woodfield consulted both NASA and the Rockwell Corporation to guarantee a modicum of authenticity for their futuristic teleplay. The story takes place in "Earth II", a self-contained space station orbiting the earth which houses 2000 people. Gary Lockwood, star of 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY, appears as the commander of the station (note to fans of "Alvin and the Chipmunks": Lockwood's character name is David Seville!) The anecdotal plot explores the everyday operations of Earth II and the various trials and tribulations of its denizens.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 21,339
- UPC: 883316203859
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s, 30s and 40s - Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Ultra-Rare Pre-Code Comedies, Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Blondes and Redheads: Lost Comedy Classics, Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 16 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 15 - Peepshow Loops (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE