Chick Corea Inner Space
|You Save:||$11.99 (80% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 27, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Atlantic 2-305 (1974)
Description by OLDIES.com:
One of the most significant jazz performers of the modern era, Chick Corea is a master pianist and innovative composer. Inner Space is a superb compilation featuring all of Corea's great recordings for Atlantic. Originally released as a 2 LP set, this album includes the jazz standards "Windows" and "Straight Up And Down".
Uncut - 9/01, p.903.5 stars out of 5 - "...Fans of fiery hard bop will dig this..."
- 1.Straight Up And Down
- 2.This Is New
- 3.Tones For Joan's Bones
- 5.Inner Space
- 8.Trio For Flute, Bassoon And Piano
Personnel: Chick Corea (piano); Joe Farrell (tenor saxophone, flute); Woody Shaw (trumpet); Hubert Laws (flute); Karl Porter (bassoon); Steve Swallow, Ron Carter (bass); Joe Chambers, Grady Tate (drums).
Producers: Herbie Mann, Joel Dorn.
Reissue producers: Michael Cuscuna, Bob Porter.
Recorded at Atlantic Recording Studios, New York in 1966 and 1968. Originally released on Atlantic. Includes liner notes by Michael Cuscuna and Ben Sidran.
INNER SPACE is a compilation of early Chick Corea sides, originally released as a 2-LP set. The CD reissue omits 2 tracks, "This Is New" and "Tones For Joan's Bones." Those tracks are available on CHICK COREA/HERBIE HANCOCK/KEITH JARRETT/McCOY TYNER on Atlantic (1696).
Personnel: Chick Corea (piano, keyboards); Joe Farrell (flute, saxophone, tenor saxophone); Hubert Laws (flute); Karl Porter (bassoon); Woody Shaw (trumpet); Steve Swallow (bass instrument); Grady Tate (drums).
Audio Remixer: Lewis Hahn.
Liner Note Author: Michael Cuscuna.
Recording information: Atlantic Recording Studios, New York, NY (11/??/1966-12/01/1966).
Photographer: Katsuji Abe.
This double album reissues Chick Corea's first album as a leader, Tones for Joan's Bones, adding two previously unissued tracks from the same session plus a pair of performances from a Hubert Laws date of the period that feature Corea's piano and writing. With such players as Joe Farrell on tenor and flute, trumpeter Woody Shaw, bassist Steve Swallow and drummer Joe Chambers on this Corea date, the pianist performs five of his originals plus "This Is New" while The Laws cuts include Corea's "Windows." Throughout, this advanced hard bop music, which keeps an open attitude toward the avant-garde innovations of the period, is consistently stimulating. Even at this early stage, Chick Corea's playing is quite recognizable. ~ Scott Yanow
Tones For Joan's Bones / Mountain In The Clouds (CD)
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 2,940
- UPC: 090431691021
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- Arrested Development Best of Arrested Development (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Arrogants "Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Bananarama Pop Life (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Band The Best of The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down: Recorded Live In Concert (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Paul Barbarin Paul Barbarin And His New Orleans Jazz (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The "5" Royales The Very Best of The "5" Royales (CD) ~ $11.03 LABOR DAY
- "America Worships" Series White As Snow (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- "Nature Wonders" Series Nature Wonders 2 (3-CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- ? and The Mysterians Question Mark & The Mysterians (New Stereo Recordings) (CD) ~ $9.38 LABOR DAY
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. The Best of 1910 Fruitgum Company (CD-R) ~ $11.98 on SALE