City Beneath the Sea
Warner Archive Collection (series)
There it is - Pacifica - a gleaming metropolis on the ocean floor. But the fabulous, futuristic city is seven hours away from doom as a giant asteroid hurtles toward a direct hit. Submerge yourself in waves upon waves of screen excitement.
|You Save:||$6.67 (33% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 6, 2009
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: Warner Archive Collection (MOD)
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Whit Bissell, Robert Colbert, Stuart Whitman & Rosemary Forsyth|
|Performer:||Sugar Ray Robinson|
|Directed by||Irwin Allen|
|Screenwriting by||John Meredyth Lucas|
|Composition by||Richard LaSalle|
|Director of Photography:||Kenneth Peach|
Description by OLDIES.com:
There it is - Pacifica - a gleaming metropolis on the ocean floor. But the fabulous, futuristic city is seven hours away from doom as a giant asteroid hurtles toward a direct hit. Good thing an all-star cast of steel-nerved stalwarts - including Stuart Whitman, Robert Wagner, Richard Basehart, Joseph Cotton and boxing legend Sugar Ray Robinson - is on hand. From Irwin Allen, the beloved disaster movie impresario behind The Poseidon Adventure, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and The Towering Inferno, comes the over-the-top underwater adventure City Beneath the Sea. Submerge yourself in waves upon waves of screen excitement.
Irwin Allen, praised in some circles as a science fiction genius and damned in others as a shameless schlockmeister, produced and directed this fanciful TV-movie. Set in the 21st century, the film concentrates on a group of colonists dwelling in a modernistic underwater city called Pacifica. The emphasis is on drama rather than special effects, as we see the deep-sea denizens struggling to cope with the pressures of their new existence--and their own personal animosities. Stuart Whitman heads a large cast of TV veterans, including TIME TUNNEL regulars James Darren, Robert Colbert and Whit Bissell, and onetime VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA star Richard Basehart (as the US President). Expanded from a short "demo" pilot film, CITY BENEATH THE SEA is the one Irwin Allen project that could have matured into a truly worthwhile TV series; unfortunately no network was interested in subsidizing this expensive effort.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 17 ratings.
Based on 17 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 2,729
- UPC: 883316203750
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking titles in the Sci-Fi / Fantasy genre:
- Sci-Fi Invasion (50 Movies) (12-DVD) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (DVD-R) ~ $14.39 on SALE
- Sexpots From Space Double Feature: Voyage To The Planet of Teenage Cavewomen/ Bikini Planet (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Alien Origin (Blu-ray) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Green Slime (DVD-R) ~ $13.32 on SALE
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s, 30s and 40s - Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Ultra-Rare Pre-Code Comedies, Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Toy Commercials of the 50s and 60s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Blondes and Redheads: Lost Comedy Classics, Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 15 - Peepshow Loops (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE