- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 15 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 16, 2007
- Originally Released: 1972
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
This acclaimed 1972 telefilm is set in 1946 Nebraska, where a stern, withdrawn single father (Jason Robards), due to traumatic events in his past, refuses to allow his precocious young daughter (Lisa Lucas) to have a Christmas tree.
After a mother dies, her family appears destined to spend the rest of its days picking up the pieces.
In 1940's Nebraska, a sweet and intelligent 10-year-old girl raises the ire of her bitter widower father, who has never forgotten that his wife died while giving birth to their daughter.
To illustrate for the girl that life does not come easy, the father bars the family, which also includes his mother, from having a traditional Christmas tree.
This yuletide, though, has a happy surprise for this home so desperately in need of holiday cheer.
Family Interaction |
Made-For-Network TV |
- Additional cast: Maya Kenin Ryan, Brady McNamara and Gail Dusome.
- Originally aired on CBS-TV.
- Copyright 1972 CBS Inc.