Percy Faith Music of Brazil / Shangri-La
|CYBER SALE:||$8.78 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.19 (41% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Percy's flair for the south-of-the-border rhythms is the key to this collection of tunes including the title song "Brazil" - lots of brass, lots of great up-tempo selections. The sounds of "Shangri-La!" are a world apart; a collection for quiet dreaming with songs that evoke quiet images of the Orient. Percy's command of orchestral color was amazing! (Bill Halvorsen)
- 1.Brazil (Aquarela Do Brasil)
- 3.Tu Sabes
- 5.Amorada (Brasileirinho)
- 6.The Bandit Theme From "O Congaceiro"
- 9.Little Dreamer (Tutu Maramba)
- 10.Maxixe (Dengoza)
- 11.Atrevido (Bem Te Vi Atrevido)
- 12.The Minute Samba
- 14.Kashmiri Song
- 15.The March Of Siamese Children
- 16.Stranger In Paradise
- 17.Cherry Blossom
- 18.Song Of India
- 19.Mountain High, Valley Low
- 20.Beyond The Reef
- 21.The Moon Of Manakoora
- 22.And This Is My Beloved
- 24.Return To Paradise
2 LPs on 1 CD: MUSIC OF BRAZIL! (1962)/SHANGRI-LA! (1963).
Originally released on Columbia.
Adapter: Percy Faith.
This discount-priced two-fer combines a couple of modestly successful Percy Faith albums on international themes: 1962's Music of Brazil! and 1963's Shangri-La!. Faith delighted in assembling collections of music with overseas flavors, but he never really ventured very far, usually preferring to present his interpretation of some other North American's interpretation of what the music of another clime sounded like. Music of Brazil! may have been released in the teeth of the samba fad of the early '60s, but Faith's take on the style derived from an earlier Brazilian craze of the early '40s, when the U.S. government was encouraging friendship with South America as a bulwark against Nazism. This is more swing music with Latin percussion, and it includes Faith's versions of hits like "Brazil," associated with Xavier Cugat. Of course, Faith had one of the biggest hits of his career in 1952 with "Delicado," and a new recording is included. Shangri-La! has even less legitimacy as a musical journey through the South Seas and the Far East, as its title, referring to a fictional utopia, suggests. These are Faith's arrangements of songs written mostly in Broadway and Hollywood for shows and films set in Asia and the Pacific Rim, such as Kismet and The King and I. The strings weave an alluring mystery, but the music was not made on location. ~ William Ruhlmann
Percy FaithPlays Music From Broadway Production of House of Flowers /...
$8.78 CYBER SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 3 (CD)
$6.79 CYBER SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 (6-CD Box Set)
$11.98 CYBER SALE
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$7.98 CYBER SALE
The Millennium's Greatest Hits, Volume 2 (Cassette)
50¢ CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 11,805
- UPC: 090431689820
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- The "5" Royales Catch That Teardrop (CD) ~ $18.53 CYBER SALE
- 101 Strings Orchestra Treasury of Christmas (3-CD) ~ $7.87 CYBER SALE
- 112 Part III (CD) ~ $8.34 CYBER SALE
- 2 Live Crew As Nasty As They Wanna Be (CD) ~ $10.79 CYBER SALE
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $13.37 CYBER SALE
Easy Listening: Orchestral Music Categories:
- American Cinema Orchestra Award Winning Movie Themes of the 80's (CD) ~ $7.16 CYBER SALE
- Leroy Anderson The Best of Sleigh Ride (CD) ~ $9.72 CYBER SALE
- Leroy Anderson Collection (Reg) (2-CD) ~ $10.49 CYBER SALE
- Leroy Anderson Greatest Hits (CD) ~ $7.44 CYBER SALE
- The Andrew Oldham Orchestra The Rolling Stones Songbook (CD) ~ $11.12 CYBER SALE