- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Columbia CL-562 (1954)
- Original Album #2: Columbia CL-553 (1954)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Harry James was one of the most outstanding trumpeters of the Swing Era. Highlights of these two original Columbia albums include "Ain't She Sweet" with vocals by Buddy Rich, Lionel Hampton's "Midnight Sun," and Rodgers & Hammerstein's "If I Loved You."
- 1.Palladium Party
- 2.Bye Bye Blues
- 3.Please Take A Letter, Miss Brown
- 4.Ain't She Sweet
- 5.Sugar Foot Stomp
- 6.How Could You Do A Thing Like That To Me
- 7.Moonlight Bay
- 8.Midnight Sun
- 9.Moanin' Low
- 11.Autumn Leaves
- 13.The Moon Of Manakoora
- 14.How Deep Is The Ocean (How High Is The Sky)
- 16.Moanin' Low
- 17.If I Loves You
- 18.I Had The Craziest Dream
- 19.Theme for Cynthia
- 20.Lush Life
- 21.Bess, You Is My Woman
- 22.I Never Knew (I Could Love Anybody Like I'm Loving You)
2 LPs on 1 CD: AT HOLLYWOOD PALLADIUM (1954)/TRUMPET AFTER MIDNIGHT (1954).
Recorded between 1951 & 1954. Originally released on Columbia.
Personnel: Buddy Rich (vocals).
Recording information: 06/19/1950-01/23/1954.
These Harry James dates were originally released in 1954 on Columbia. Although James' most memorable playing had already been recorded some 15 years earlier, by no means are these discs forgettable. Harry James at the Hollywood Palladium and Trumpet After Midnight aren't first-purchase discs, but they contain performances that will please both the dedicated collector and casual listener alike. Along with 22 tracks on a single disc, the original artwork and running order have been reinstated. ~ Al Campbell