Monica Mancini Cinema Paradiso
Only 6 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: December 2, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Concord Records
- 1.Cinema Paradiso - (from "Cinema Paradiso")
- 2.Day in the Life of a Fool, A - (from "Black Orpheus")
- 3.Summer Knows, The - (from "The Summer Of '42")
- 4.Love Before Time, A - (from "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon")
- 5.Soldier in the Rain - (from "Soldier In The Rain")
- 6.Alfie - (from "Alfie")
- 7.Too Late Now - (from "Royal Wedding")
- 8.Shadow of Your Smile, The - (from "The Sandpiper")
- 10.Senza Fine - (from "Ghost Ship")
- 11.I'll Never Say Goodbye - (from "The Promise")
- 12.Over the Rainbow - (from "The Wizard Of Oz")
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Monica Mancini (vocals); Ramon Stagnaro, George Doering (guitar); Assa Drori, Ray Kobler, David Stenske, Ron Folsom, Belinda Broughton, Hana Krejkova, Irina Voloshina, Jim Stark, Jennifer Walton, Carolyn Osborn, Karen Jones, Jennifer Walton, Joel Derouin, Laine Mautner (violin); Rolando Kato, Kazi Pitelka, Harry Shirinin, Andrew Picken (viola); Armen Ksajikian, Tim Landauer, John Krovoza (cello); Julie Allis-Berghofer (harp); Barbara Northcutt, Earl Dumler, Aaron Hill (woodwind); Mike Lang (piano); Tom Ranier (keyboards); Chuck Berghofer, Mike Valerio (bass); Gregg Field (drums, percussion).
Includes liner notes by Dave Grusin.
Personnel: Monica Mancini (vocals); Ram¢n Stagnaro, George Doering (guitar); Julie Berghofer (harp); Assa Drori, Carolyn Osborn, Jennifer Walton, Irina Voloshina, Ronald Folsom, Karen Jones , Jim St„rk, Joel Derouin, David Stenske, Liane Mautner (violin); Kazi Pitelka, Andrew Picken, Roland Kato, Harry Shirinian (viola); Timothy Landauer, Armen Ksadjikian, John Krovoza (cello); Aaron Hill, Earl Dumler, Barbara Northcutt (woodwinds); Michael Lang (piano); Tom Ranier (keyboards); Gregg Field (drums, percussion).
Audio Mixers: Don Murray ; Gregg Field; Seth Presant.
Liner Note Author: Dave Grusin.
Recording information: Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA (07/31/2002-08/26/2002); G Studio Digital (07/31/2002-08/26/2002).
Photographer: Randee Saint Nicholas.
Arranger: Michael Lang .
Monica Mancini has been careful in her recording projects to reflect her heritage and promote it without exploiting it. Her first album, Monica Mancini, was, naturally enough, a collection of songs written by her father, Henry Mancini. Her second, The Dreams of Johnny Mercer, was a tribute to one of her father's main collaborators. Cinema Paradiso features songs by many different songwriters, but its source is the kind of movie theme music in which her father worked successfully for his entire career. Mancini deliberately mixes things up in her choices of material, going back in time as far as the late '30s for "Over the Rainbow" and as far forward as "Senza Fine" from Ghost Ship, a film that opened 11 days before her album was released. And she mixes well-known songs like "Alfie" and "The Shadow of Your Smile" with worthy but lesser-known efforts such as Burton Lane and Alan Jay Lerner's "Too Late Now" from Royal Wedding and her father's "Soldier in the Rain" from the movie of the same name with lyrics by Alan and Marilyn Bergman. She has also considered the arrangements carefully, using eight different arrangers to create settings for the songs. Some of the charts are lush, while three songs employ a single instrument as accompaniment. Yet they all work together well. And the material and arrangements prove to be good choices for Mancini's voice, which is fully showcased. It is a rich voice, and if her interpretations have their precious moments and are at times too deliberate, she also exudes warmth and feeling for the songs, making this another successful collection. ~ William Ruhlmann
Jeanie BrysonSome Cats Know: Jeanie Bryson Sings Songs of Peggy Lee (CD)
$5.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 18 ratings.
Based on 18 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$6.74 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE