|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: March 23, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Concord Records
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Pink Panther Theme, The - (featuring Plas Johnson / Joey DeFrancesco)
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Charade
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Two For the Road
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Moon River - (featuring Stevie Wonder / Take 6)
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Moment to Moment
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Days of Wine and Roses
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Peter Gunn Theme - (featuring Tom Scott)
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Dreamsville - (featuring Kenny Rankin)
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Dear Heart
- $1.29 on iTunes10.The Thorn Birds Theme
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Anywhere the Heart Goes (Meggie's Theme)
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Mr. Lucky - (featuring Joey DeFrancesco)
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Whistling Away the Dark
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Life in a Looking Glass
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Crazy World
- $1.29 on iTunes16.It's Easy to Say
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Music on the Way
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Henry Mancini (vocals); Henry Mancini; Julie Berghofer (harp); Assa Drori, Jennifer Walton, Irina Voloshina, Yan To, Ronald Folsom, Karen Jones , Becky Bunnell, Jacqueline Suzuki, Kevin Connolly , Kirstin Fife, Sarah Thornblade, Liane Mautner, Berj Garabedian, Miwako Watanabe (violin); Carole Mukogawa, Shawn Mann, Raymond Tischer, Jody Rubin, Bob Becker , Renita Koven, Harry Shirinian (viola); Trevor Handy, Timothy Landauer, Tina Soule, Armen Ksadjikian, Dane Little, John Walz (cello); Dan Higgins , David Schostac, Jimmy Ercole, Greg Huckins, Gary Woodward, Jay Stone, Joe Stone, David Shostac, Sheridon Stokes (woodwinds); Scotty Barnhart , Larry McGuire, Rick Baptist, Wayne Bergeron, Charles Davis (trumpet); Paul Klintworth, Dana Kelley, Trish Skye, Bradley Kintscher, Brian O'Connor , Mark Adams (French horn); Kenneth Kugler, Chauncey Welsch, Bob McChesney (trombone); Tommy Johnson (tuba); Joey DeFrancesco (Hammond b-3 organ); Shelly Berg (keyboards); Kenny Rankin, Take 6 (vocals); George Doering (guitar); Stevie Wonder (harmonica); Tom Scott (alto saxophone); Plas Johnson (tenor saxophone); Warren Luening (trumpet); Andy Martin , Charles Loper (trombone); Michael Lang (piano); Gary Burton (vibraphone); Gregg Field (drums).
Liner Note Author: John "Buddy" Williams .
Recording information: Capitol Studios A&B, Hollywood, CA (10/2003); G Studio Digital, Studio City, CA (10/2003).
Photographer: Joan Lauren.
Arrangers: Henry Mancini; Patrick Williams.
This 2004 album features new interpretations of composer Henry Mancini's music performed here by a Los Angeles studio orchestra and various guest artists. Mancini's own daughter Monica Mancini sings on this release, and her deep voice single-handedly propels the orchestra on several of these cuts.
Mancini's most popular compositions are included here, among them the sleek "The Pink Panther Theme" and the suspenseful "Peter Gunn Theme." "Days of Wine and Roses" (from the movie of the same name) is one of the highlights of this set, with the younger Mancini's vocals invoking the affection inherent in Johnny Mercer's lyric. "Moon River," the most enduring on this album, features the gorgeous harmonica playing of Stevie Wonder and the carefully harmonized vocals of Take 6. Together these artists bring great depth to this already-penetrating work. Overall, ULTIMATE MANCINI, a tribute both reverent and forward-looking, will remind listeners of the indelible beauty of this composer's catalog.
Hey... Let Yourself Go! / C'mon... Get Happy! (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
Primitive And Passionate / Les Baxter Balladeers (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 25 ratings.
Based on 25 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!