Brazil: Once Again / Sunbelt
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records (series)
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic 19169 (1978)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic 19204 (1979)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Laid-back swaying Bossa Nova haunts these recordings, which feature songs such as "Watermelon Man," "Let's Stay Together," and "Dingue Li Bangue." Tony Levin (King Crimson) contributes his bass talents to "Brazil" and Roy Ayers adds his vibe work to tracks on "Sunbelt."
- 2.Oh How I Want To Love You
- 3.Dingue Li Bangue
- 4.Lugar Comum (Common Place)
- 5.0 Meu Amor Chorou (Cry Of Love)
- 6.Watermelon Man
- 7.The Closer I Get To You
- 8.What Would You Do?
- 9.Killian (Danforth Noyes Toan)
- 10.Dona Palmeira (Madame Palm Tree)
- 11.Let's Stay Together
- 12.Sunbelt–Mulher Rendeira (Weaver Woman)
2 LPs on 1 CD: BRAZIL: ONCE AGAIN (1978)/SUNBELT (1979).
Personnel includes: Herbie Mann (tenor saxophone, flute); Claudio Roditi (trumpet, valve trombone, percussion); Roy Ayers (vibraphone); Richard Tee (piano, electric piano, organ); Pat Rebillot (Fender Rhodes piano, keyboards); Amaury Tristao (acoustic guitar, percussion); Jeff Mironov (guitar); Frank Gavis, Tony Levin (bass); Rick Marotta, Steve Gadd, Steve Jordan (drums); Rafael Cruz, Ralpg MacDonald, Dom Um Ramao (percussion).
Recorded at Atlantic Studios, New York, New York. Originally released on Atlantic.
Personnel: Herbie Mann (flute, tenor saxophone); Danny Toan, Jeff Mironov (guitar); Amauri Tristao (acoustic guitar, percussion); Lew Del Gatto (baritone saxophone); Claudio Roditi (trumpet, valve trombone, percussion); Alan Rubin, Lew Soloff (trumpet); Barry Rogers (trombone); Richard Tee (piano, electric piano, organ); Pat Rebillot (electric piano, keyboards); Dom Salvador (electric piano); Cliff Carter, Kenneth Bichel (synthesizer); Roy Ayers (vibraphone); Leroy Clouden, Portinho, Rick Marotta, Steve Gadd (drums); Dom Um Romao, Rafael Cruz, Reggie Ferguson, Ralph MacDonald, Rubens Bassini, Armen Halburian (percussion).
Audio Mixers: Jimmy Douglass; Lewis Hahn.
Audio Remixer: Lewis Hahn.
Recording information: Atlantic Studios, New York, NY.
Photographer: Bob Wolfson.
Arrangers: Herbie Mann; Pat Rebillot; Cengiz Yaltkaya.
This two-fer from Collectables features a pair of out of print Herbie Mann LPs: Brazil: Once Again and Sunbelt. Originally issued in 1978 and 1979, respectively, these 12 smooth jazz/pop tracks include "Watermelon Man," "The Closer I Get to You," and "Let's Stay Together." Most listeners would be better served with one of Mann's compilations on Rhino/Atlantic. ~ Al Campbell
Barney KesselBreakfast At Tiffany's / Bossa Nova / Contemporary Latin... (CD)
$3.98 on SALE
Paul DesmondDesmond Blue / Take Ten [Limited Distribution] (CD)
$12.98 on SALE
Herbie MannA Mann & A Woman (with Tamiko Jones) / Recorded In Rio De...
$3.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 43,585
- UPC: 090431688427
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Our Man Flute / Impressions of The Middle East (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE
Live At The Whiskey A Go-Go / Mississippi Gambler (CD)(2)
$10.98 on SALE
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records Product Series:
- Nat Adderley Sayin' Something / Live At Memory Lane (CD) ~ $10.98 on SALE
- Mose Allison ...Hello There, Universe (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Mose Allison I Don't Worry About A Thing / Mose Alive! (CD) ~ $10.98 on SALE
- Mose Allison I've Been Doin' Some Thinkin' (CD) ~ $8.43 on SALE
- Mose Allison Swingin' Machine (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE